Wheel Balance

Bobi and Dick McKee

I use dyna beeds .. I think mine are dustless ceramic so I can use a tmps w/o a filter..

They are good for 2 sets of tires..

I like them..  and compared to the other methods, very cost effective..

. Arctic Fox 29-5T

. Beagle co-pilots - Faffy and Lulu

If you are talking about Dynabeads. I know of people who are happy with them and some who are not. We had a friend who ended up with a slow leak, the bads had gotten into his valve somehow.

When we change tires we are going to get the Centramatics.

My position on tire balancing is to not bother unless you have a known vibration issue. You can get a tire balanced perfectly and then get 2-3 stones lodged in the tread which throws everything off balance. Most modern tires and rims are manufactured fairly well balanced, it's not like the old days.

I haven't had a tire balanced in 20 years and haven't had any problems, truck, car, trailers, and motorcycles. The $$ saved over the years probably paid for a couple of new tires along the way. Balancing tires is a scam and shop money maker, unless you have a vibration issue!!

Greg

Equal with filtered valve stems and it moves around inside the tire. Any stones that get lodged just changes where the Equal moves too on the inside.

I have used it in 275/75/22.5 G670's for over 12 years now with no problem.

Just found out they have went to a new product Equal Flexx that doesn't need a filtered valve stem and it works with tire sensors with no problem.

Full Time since Oct. 1999
99 Discovery 34Q DP | ISB
Datastorm | VMSpc | Co-Pilot Live | Pressure Pro
2014 MKS Twin Turbo V6 365 HP Toad
369070033.jpg

Archived