Why are discussions closed

I don't know what the time limit is, but I see that discussions are closed after a certain amount of time.  Also, sometimes if you try to post you get a message saying this is an older thread and I might want to start a new one.

Does anyone know the logic of this.  It seems to me that picking up on an old thread would be a good thing.  Often the previous discussion is helpful to the topic.  When a new thread is started it ignores all the good posts that already exist and often results in people posting links to the closed thread.

Maybe there's a perfectly good reason that just escapes me.

Our "Here and There" Blog

2005 Safari Cheetah Motorhome

15 hours ago, Barbaraok said:

Information becomes outdated, so far better to start new thread and get updated rules, model numbers, practices, etc.  

Thanks for replying.  I can see that, at times, this could be true.  However, very often the information will always be good, with no expiration date.  If you take a quick glance at the current active threads you'll see that most of them are rather "timeless" topics.  

To me, it makes the forum function more like Facebook where at least once a week someone starts a new discussion on what kind of toilet paper to use because it's too hard to find last week's.  Anyway, thanks again for responding - apparently I'm the only one who thinks about stuff like this. :)

Our "Here and There" Blog

2005 Safari Cheetah Motorhome

Archived