San Antonio Parks

Alie&Jim's Carrilite

Has anyone stayed in east San Antonio lately?  Looking at either the KOA or River Walk RV park.  If I can't fit in one of these parks then I'll have to hotel it.  Or is there a good park off of I-10 between I-37 and I-37?  That's as far south or west that I can do and not fight the traffic every day.

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

Good day, Allie and Jim.

A couple± years ago we visited San Antonio and stayed at Happy Trails RV Park (just east a bit from River Walk RV Park).  It's unexceptional, but it was adequate for our 37' 5th wheel and 25' HDT.

Regards,

Michael

2007 Volvo VNL 670

2007 NuWa HitchHiker Champagne

Not sure if it fits your location criteria or not, but we just stayed at Green Lake RV Resort for a month and it was very nice there.

greenlakervresort.com

https://goo.gl/maps/2xzE7RCM3dk

Shawn and Andrea
Elvis the Cheagle Dog
2013 Volvo 730 / iShift / D13 XE Package / ET Hitch
2016 DRV Mobile Suites 43 Atlanta
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited

Read the blog at 40foothouse.com

R8O2pAw.jpg

10 hours ago, cadonnelly said:

How do you like the truckIusedtohave?  Bought that from Bennett's in 2002.  It was a Knight Transportation truck and I really miss it.

Love it.  It only has 505k on it now.  No issues.  I bought it with the same tires you had put on it years ago!  I have had to do some rewiring.  The generator is gone but the inverter and battery bank still live.  The bed is showing its age but I'm happy with it.  Did it have the flames or did you add them?  We have actually been to parks where people have said "Your back"!  We usually reply, Nope not us, but the truck may be!.  It is an attention getter for sure.

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

Thanks, Glen and Bock.  Unless something else is closer to the downtown ring, we'll stay at one of those.  Company will rent me a car for the 10 days, so once the truck is parked I won't have to use it to commute thankfully.  Teaching a class that starts at 7am is going to be right at the happy morning rush hour.

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

We stayed at the KOA last year and while we didn't have anything big there were many big rigs in there. I don't think you will have any trouble there. There is a convenient bus stop right across the street if you don't want to drive down town.

2007 Arctic Fox 32.5RL used for full-timing for several years. Sold

2114 Sunnbrook 25' RL pull trailer for summer camping and short trips.

2007 Chevy diesel 

12 hours ago, GeorgiaHybrid said:

Jim,

Will let you know Monday. We will be at that KOA until the 27th. When do you get in? If we miss here, will see you and Alie at the ECR

David and Vicki

We'll pull in on the 26 if all remains the same.  The schedule I'm trying to follow is like herding cats...... can't keep it all together for more than a second....

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

Hello,

We stayed at the KOA Mar 5-8, 2017 with our 45' 5th wheel and HDT.  There was plenty of room for us.  The bus stop right outside the park was a convenient way to get downtown.

Ed & Teresa Haagsma

2016 New Horizons 45' custom. New Horizons ambassador

2009 Volvo 780 "Remington". Converted by RVHaulers

2015 Smart "Remora"

Archived