Upgrading to a class A

BrownCrew

I guess the question is, will it really be an upgrade ?

I am at least 10 years form retirement, so we won't be living on the road.  My job does allow for at least one month long trip and other smaller trips throughout the year.  Enough of that ...

We currently own a 2006 27' Lazy Daze class C.  Biggest complaints are the ride and making a bed up from sofas every night.  New tires and an airlift suspension MIGHT improve the ride, but we will always be converting a sofa to a bed.

We found a small (28') class A in a floor-plan that would suit our needs.  The class A should have a better ride.  And of course, the king bed is ideal.  My fear is we will be disappointed in the remainder of the RV compared to the Lazy Daze.  It is easy to find negative info about almost any RV on the internet (except for a few brands), so it is difficult to make an accurate assessment of a particular unit.

Anyone have recent experience with a small Forest River class A (Georgetown G3 series) ?  Would love to hear your thoughts.  Good, Bad or indifferent ...

Thanks, BC

I have no experience with the RV you are considering but do have with the chassis. It will have a Ford, Triton V-10 chassis and they still have a fairly stiff ride on the front axle, unless it is loaded to near the maximum weight. With gas chassis motorhimes of either the A or C design, weight distribution is major issue in the ride and handling of the RV. Wheelbase is also a big deal and the shorter it is the poorer will be ride and handling, longer means better. The wheelbase should be at least 50% of the total length of the RV. It is also important to get accurate wheel weights and use proper tire inflation based upon the weight/inflation charts from your tire manufacturer. Of course, much of that is true for your present RV so you may already be familiar with these factors. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

We've owned a class B for a few years.  A Phoenix Cruiser 2350 on the MB/Dodge Sprinter chassis, probably just like yours.  Unless its the 2400 in that pic. Sold that to get the Lazy Daze.  

The 2910 isn't the floor plan for us.  

Thanks for all the info so far !

Archived