The Signature Issue

A recurring complaint is the lack of signatures.

Mntom posted a link for a full function 5 day trial.  

I signed up and checked things out.  We are seeing about 20% of the capability of the new system.  

Back to the sig question:  It is available, but. Always a but.

A new member cannot create a signature for 5 days.  Since the migration, it is entirely possible that we are all new members in that context.  

If it does become available, it will be in the Account Settings section. I would hope to see that tomorrow or Tuesday at the latest.

Line 1 - ends with just the return (enter) key.

Line 2 - ends with shift-return (shift-enter) key combination.
Line 3

What I don't understand is why no one warned us and followed up with an FAQ list and/or some answers on these specific questions.

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

Those of us with warnings sure found them there and enabled. :rolleyes:

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

I really don't miss seeing everyone's sig . Just a waste of space and data . 

If they want to make a blog or other site or information available , just put it in the reply . And , if I want something , I generally just ask .

Goes around , comes around .

3 hours ago, Pat & Pete said:

If they want to make a blog or other site or information available , just put it in the reply . And , if I want something , I generally just ask .

Signature lines are a good way to direct newbies to valuable info on all of the ways to fulltime.  Most forums that have sig lines also have a way of blocking them in your acct set up

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

Ha . Newbies are babies . And like babies require individual attention or they have a very high chance of death , due to 'neglect' . 

I've been a moderator for about 10 years . I've tried everything from small print ( whispering ) to flashing emoticons and bold print ( shouting ) things in sigs . 

Makes not one iota difference . Each newb needs their own time . Sure they use what's in my sig , after I tell them what's there . So , I may as well type what's in my sig when the time comes . The 'personal' attention is much more effective and appreciated . 

And , we care so much about other forums that we stay right here . This is our choice because it's unique , for various reasons . For me , cookie cutter isn't one of them .

Sig's are nice because it gives you an idea if the person has any idea of what they're actually talking about.  If you pull a travel trailer as a newbie, I might not consider your advice on an HDT towing problem.  Or someone with a Class A engine problem usually doesn't want a bunch of HDT'ers telling them how to fix their side radiators....

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

Recommendation ? I thought it was about helping newbies get to the level of self sustenance . 

A sig means no more than a post count . Sure it might look good .

Your credibility will/should show in your response . 

Value is all about context and perspective. The response should provide good context. The sig, if well done, should intuitively give some perspective about the source.

RVBuddys Journal Our progress into full-timing.
Budd & Merrily ===-> SKP# 088936 Other Websites:---> Hub of all my blogs
Clifford - 2000 VNL64T770 :: DakotR - 1999 C40KS King of the Road :: $PRITE - 2013 Smart Passion w/cruise

2 hours ago, Pat & Pete said:

First if you don't care about the sig, then don't look at it, just like I am sure you ignore the ads in various websites you go to.

For others, it is really nice when reading what someone has typed to be able to look at their sig and see what kind of rig they have.  

As far as adding the sig info to the reply, one have to enter the sig info to every reply they enter to have it available. 

Again, if you don't care about the sig, then don't look at it.  It really doesn't get in the way. 

Al & Sharon
2006 Winnebago Journey 36G 
2020 Chevy Colorado Toad
San Antonio, TX

http://downtheroadaroundthebend.blogspot.com/

53 minutes ago, Al F said:

First if you don't care about the sig, then don't look at it, just like I am sure you ignore the ads in various websites you go to.

For others, it is really nice when reading what someone has typed to be able to look at their sig and see what kind of rig they have.  

As far as adding the sig info to the reply, one have to enter the sig info to every reply they enter to have it available. 

Again, if you don't care about the sig, then don't look at it.  It really doesn't get in the way. 

If I want more info , I'll flip the box and read the back ... it should be an individual choice .

I guess admin should simply add a 'SIG' button at the bottom of every reply / post . That way it would be available , but out of the way and not intrusive or an added expense to every reader .

BTW , I see very few ads on any site , due to ad-ons and the browser I use . ;)

Chindog: I just went to the FMCA forum and found this under 'Forum Support'.  However, when I do the same thing in this Escapees forum, there is no 'Signature' selection under 'Account Settings'.  I think you're right. A switch needs to be flipped! :)

From the FMCA forum: "I had to hunt through the menus to find this but finally came up with it.  Assuming that the menus are the same for iPad, in the upper right corner of this page is your user name and photo.  Click on that to get to your account choices.  Go to Account Settings, the fifth sub menu in the drop down box.  Under account settings, go to Signature (menu is on the left side of that page).  When I selected Signature it took a minute or so for the current signature to load (yours may be a blank text box for you to begin typing).  Give it a full minute or two, the drop box will expand and there should be a text box for entering information.  You can also use the drop box where you can add files (pictures or other file)." 

I noticed there are more selections/option on their forum than we have on ours.  Perhaps Christmas is coming. :rolleyes:

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

Archived