Speedtest: Mobley vs. Jetpack vs. Hotspot Z915

As I'm transitioning from one data supplier to another I happen to have three different hotspots up and running.  So I decided to speed test all three.  Data speeds varied a lot, and were actually rather inconsistent.  However, general trends were obvious, so I took three different readings using three different methods (testmy.net, speedtest.net, and bandwidthplace.com) at three different times, then averaged the results.  

We are near Conroe, TX.  I have streamed HD video on all three systems, no issues.  So all of them work (but TM is at 480p, not HD).  I am not claiming scientific testing here, but a good indicator of what I have as speeds here.  So here are the results in Mbps, use them as you see fit.

ZTE Mobley down:  13.0, up 12.7

Verizon MiFi 6620L down: 7.1, up: 1.7

T-Mobile Hotspot Z915 Down: 26.3, up 12.1

Hope this is of interest to someone.

== John

2015 Entegra Aspire 44B diesel pusher with 2017 GMC Acadia Denali toad
Web site, albums, blog and more here

No offense intended, but comparisons between hardware varieties are only relevant when they're tested on the same cellular network.  You don't say, but I'll guess that your Mobley is on AT&T, so what you have are comparisons of AT&T, Verizon and T-Mobile using different classes of equipment at the same location.  I'm not sure that you can draw any generalized conclusions from that.

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

No offense taken.  I have been asked which system is faster, and if it will stream videos.  Obviously, you won't use a Mobley on Verizon etc. so this was my answer to those questions.  I just thought I'd share.

== John

2015 Entegra Aspire 44B diesel pusher with 2017 GMC Acadia Denali toad
Web site, albums, blog and more here

You can also get different results depending on what towers you are using for the test. Not all towers are the same

My AT&T Mobley where I am at. Download :: 3.4 Mbps 423 kB/s   Upload :: 8.2 Mbps   22GB + $26.79

Sprint Download :: 1.53 Mbps   Upload :: 2.28 Mbps  Unlimited Data, text, voice on iPhone 7 + 3GB Hot Spot  $67.61

Exede Satellite 7.32 Mbps Down 5.23 Mbps Up  12GB + $60.69

My Verizon hot spot doesn't work at this location.  4GB $40

T-Mobile ZTE M64  17.3 Mbps Down   3GB $30

I can move 10-11 miles to another Sprint tower and get 30-40 Mbps down.

Full Time since Oct. 1999
99 Discovery 34Q DP | ISB
Datastorm | VMSpc | Co-Pilot Live | Pressure Pro
2014 MKS Twin Turbo V6 365 HP Toad
369070033.jpg

" My Verizon hot spot doesn't work at this location.  4GB $40 "

Yep, contrary to certain people there are places Verizon does not work.  Just like AT&T, T-Mobile and Sprint, Verizon does not work everywhere. Of course a different hotspot or using an amplifier, like the Maximum Signal I have, might bring in Verizon at that location.  BTW: I have both Verizon and AT&T.

2004 40' Newmar Dutch Star DP towing an AWD 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid, Fulltimer July 2003 to October 2018, Parttimer now.
Travels through much of 2013 - http://www.sacnoth.com - Bill, Diane and Evita (the cat)

2 hours ago, Bill Joyce said:

" My Verizon hot spot doesn't work at this location.  4GB $40 "

Yep, contrary to certain people there are places Verizon does not work.  Just like AT&T, T-Mobile and Sprint, Verizon does not work everywhere. Of course a different hotspot or using an amplifier, like the Maximum Signal I have, might bring in Verizon at that location.  BTW: I have both Verizon and AT&T.

Above post I was using Wilson Weboost 4G with a Sure Call antenna on top of the Batwing.. AT&T -91-94 T-Mobile -93  Sprint -102   NO Verizon data signal.

Since I got tired waiting for the Maximum to come out and got the Weboost 1 year or more before. I can't see spending another $650 for the Max after I already had a WiFiRanger mini that works good at all campgrounds so far that have WiFi.

Full Time since Oct. 1999
99 Discovery 34Q DP | ISB
Datastorm | VMSpc | Co-Pilot Live | Pressure Pro
2014 MKS Twin Turbo V6 365 HP Toad
369070033.jpg

OK, good info that you are using an amplifier.  Still "a different hotspot" could apply if you have an older unit, since new ones support more bands and might also have stronger antennas.  But may be not.  I have also been place where Verizon does not work and AT&T does, and vice versa.  

2004 40' Newmar Dutch Star DP towing an AWD 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid, Fulltimer July 2003 to October 2018, Parttimer now.
Travels through much of 2013 - http://www.sacnoth.com - Bill, Diane and Evita (the cat)

1 hour ago, Biker56 said:

Above post I was using Wilson Weboost 4G with a Sure Call antenna on top of the Batwing.. AT&T -91-94 T-Mobile -93  Sprint -102   NO Verizon data signal.

Since I got tired waiting for the Maximum to come out and got the Weboost 1 year or more before. I can't see spending another $650 for the Max after I already had a WiFiRanger mini that works good at all campgrounds so far that have WiFi.

I am sorry it took so long to get to market . When being screwed by the government things take time . Problems occur when you go above and beyond to make a great product . Especially when some companies cut cut corners and pay off politicians to protect them . I hope the wait was worth it for those who did, I thank all of you that did.

Keeping You Connected

Proud Commercial Member #129 http://www.maximumsignal.net/

Archived