Need weight sheet for 2009 four winds chateau sport 23a

gypsydan

I do not have the weight sheet for my 2009 four winds chateau sport 23a sitting on a 2008 E-350 chassis.

If anyone has their weight sheet, and would be willing to photo it and send to me, I would be appreciative.  Thor is unable to help, as they do not retain weight sheets and further have very little info on their older builds.

Thanks in advance.

2009 Four Winds Chateau - 25' class C          2002 Chevy Tracker

1458033694__statesVisitedas-ofMarch-2012.jpg.b173645da4a43150ba2820dc7a6bdfc5.jpg

20 hours ago, Kirk Wood said:

If you are looking for information on the GVWR, GCWR and axle ratings, the federal highway laws require it to be posted somomewhere on the inside of all motorized RVs. 

Yes, but all they have is the incomplete chassis data on the door post, showing GAWR & GVWR, but not GCWR.  A weight sheet is normally also in the closet. There is NO info about weights once the coach was completed, such as GCWR.  I can hopefully figure it out, but was hoping someone would have a weight sheet in their rig.

2009 Four Winds Chateau - 25' class C          2002 Chevy Tracker

1458033694__statesVisitedas-ofMarch-2012.jpg.b173645da4a43150ba2820dc7a6bdfc5.jpg

Looks like some previous owner must have removed the spec sheet from the cabinet. RIVA requires that it be put in but nothing prevents an owner from removing it. I gather then that he is sure it isn't hidden away somewhere as it seems they often do. In that case he might be better served by taking it to a scale as most of the RIVA labels only give design weights and usually do not consider optional equipment. A truck scale would give him real world weights to compare to those on the door post. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

The Federal certification label requires only the GVWR and the GAWR of the axles, so Federal Certification sticker is complete.

GCWR is usually given by either the chassis manufacturer or the RV manufacturer in a towing guide or owners literature (owner's manual/diesel supplement/website). The E-350 GCWR can be found in 2008 the Ford Towing Guide on page 25.

E-350 Cutaway/Stripped chassis GCWR is as follows ... (more details on page 25)

5.4L V8 GCWR is 13000 lbs.

6.8L V10 GCWR is 18000 lbs.

6.0L Turbo Diesel is 20000 lbs.

These are ratings which means the maximum allowable weights for the axles, vehicle, and the sum of the vehicle plus anything connected (being towed).

As Kirk stated the best thing is to take it to a scale to get the unloaded vehicle weight and account for the fuel level. (cost ~ $12) If the vehicle is owned then fill with fuel before measuring weight and put any passengers that would normally ride in the vehicle. The difference in the measured weight and the GVWR is the real Cargo Carrying Capacity of the vehicle. Care should also be taken to not overload either axle. CAT scale readings at a Truck Stop give axle weights if the axles are placed on different platforms of the scale.

Susan & Trey Selman | email | HDT: '01 770 VED12 | 5er: '02 40' Travel Supreme RLTSOA | '16 Piaggio MP3 500 | '15 Smart Cabrio | Personal Blog | HHRV Resource Guide | HHRV Campgrounds | Recreation Vehicle Safety & Education Foundation |

Archived