Norcold Class Action Lawsuit

kbtravelers

Lawyers get the big money, class-action jointants seldom get more than a few dollars. Have you contacted the law firm representing claimants?

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

Nothing?? Perhaps we could get them to replace the worthless goods?

Safe Travels!

SKP #89742 - Lifetime membership - Member of the SKP Class of 2007
Good Sam Club - Lifetime Member
DataStorm #5423
Passport America - Lifetime Member
Sons Of The American Revolution (SAR) - Lifetime Member
American Legion - USAF - Lifetime Member
Rotary Club Member - 30 years

Escapee CARE Supporter

National Wildlife Refuge Volunteer

I copied this from a post on the NuWa Owners Forum.

While we have received numerous inquiries requesting a status update, unfortunately not much has happened since the Court granted final approval to the settlement in October, 2016.  There remains one motion that is unresolved and still pending before the Court.  Until the Court decides that pending motion and enters judgment, allowing the ?Effective Date? of the settlement to pass (once the appeal period passes), the Claims Administrator cannot start to distribute the settlement benefits to members of the class who filed timely claims in accordance with the payment schedule.  We are as concerned with the situation as you as we would like to start to distribute the settlement funds, but until the Court actually enters judgment and the Effective Date passes we cannot.  The Court has not given us any indication as to when it may rule on that last motion.

To recap: On October 26, 2016, Judge Staton of the United States District Court for the Central District of California granted final approval of the class action settlement, awarded counsel attorney fees equal to 25% of the gross settlement, awarded each of the ten settling and seven non-settling plaintiffs an incentive award of between $1,580 and $7,500, and took the motion regarding the allocation of the attorney fees between Class Counsel and Non-Settling Plaintiffs? Counsel under advisement. That motion remains pending before the Court and is still undecided.   A copy of the Court?s Order granting Final Approval to the settlement and finding it to be fair, adequate and reasonable to the settlement class may be found under court documents at the Norcold Class Action Settlement website.  (Docket No. 539).

Once that last motion is decided by the Court it will enter the final judgment; absent any appeal or further delay, the Effective Date will pass allowing the Claims Administrator to start to advance the first settlement payment to those claimants in the class who submitted timely claim forms.  This will be approximately 15 days after the Final Effective Date of the Settlement.  The Final Effective Date is currently unknown because that one motion remains undecided.  We hope that Judge Staton will rule on this issue shortly and issue a Final Judgment, allowing the Final Effective Date to then pass approximately 35 days later.

The distribution of settlement proceeds, however, will be subject to further delay if any party who timely objected chooses to appeal the Court?s Order approving the settlement to the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals.

Ya, know what's funny about this. I have a 1999 Norcold 1200LRIM, my serial# is not included in this action, according to the  website.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

On ‎3‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 9:15 PM, Ray,IN said:

Lawyers get the big money, class-action jointants seldom get more than a few dollars. Have you contacted the law firm representing claimants?

True enough.  I am part of a class action lawsuit against a former company Boeing used for employee 401K plans.  I hope to be able to buy a 6 pack of beer and a bag of kettle chips with my award :lol:.

• 2 months later...

A guy on irv2.com phoned Norcold with questions. Here is the reply:

" I have been trying to determine what to do on my "new to me" Newmar coach. The question that I have been looking for here and other places that I could not find is "has Norcold designed out the flaw" in current model years. To their credit, they answered the question very directly.

The cooling unit itself has NOT been re-designed at all in current models. As a matter of fact, they still use the same over-temperature protection system and didn't change any metallurgy or wall thicknesses. Kind of amazing based on the research I have done here. So what this means is that if you want to go the non-electric coach route - a new cooling unit is really your only viable approach to mitigate the risk.

Hope this helps someone else. "

Archived