Rear Truck Height - Rise

alan0043

Hi Everyone,

A question or too. How much does your truck rise from no air in the rear air bags to full air in the rear bags. 12" ? 14" ? etc. ?  I am just looking for the difference between no air in the bags to full  air in the bags. It does not make any difference what trucks we are talking about.

Thank you for any help, 

Al                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              

2012 Volvo VNL 630 w/ I-Shift; D13 engine; " Veeger "
  Redwood, model 3401R ; 5th Wheel Trailer, " Dead Wood "
    2006 Smart Car " Killer Frog "

My 1998 Freightliner Century raises 2-1/2 inches from air bags empty to full. 

Forgot to add this does not include the raise in hitch air bags.

2019 Thor Chateau 28E on a Ford E450 chassis. Maybe awhile but will get a new picture forgive one up there it is my old rig.

Bob and Glenn are correct on the Freightliners, they only have 2-1/2" of change whereas the Volvo's have 5". So it does matter what brand you are talking about.

Dave

2005 Freightliner Century S/T, Singled, Air ride ET Jr. hitch
2019 46'+ Dune Sport Man Cave custom 5th wheel toy hauler
Owner of the 1978 Custom Van "Star Dreamer" which might be seen at a local car show near you!

Check out http://www.hhrvresource.com/

for much more info on HDT's.

Volvos go up approximately 4 1/2 inches from sitting on the stops to where the suspension leveling air valve says "stop". Hence the thickness of the beds is typically 5 inches (so with deflated suspension the tires will not touch the deck plate). What it will do at the point where the hitch head is depends how much rail you added to the frame and where you mounted the hitch. It's an arc, the front of the frame stays still, only the back goes up so further back from the axles it will be more but it shouldn't be huge, nothing like 12-14 inches.

Archived