Horrible, just horrible forum change

rbertalotto

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, jjwicklund said:

Just a new view.  There's been several formats of the forum over the years.  At least we havn't had to re signup as we did after one change.

I had to re-sign in....and used the 'send new password' 3 times over a period of a couple days, then it worked.

Yes LindaH I agree it's possible the server host company did not notify their customer, the Escapees, that they were going to change; possible.  If so as the customer I'd have a heart to heart talk with the server company.  I'd also be very sure to communicate with us as the users what is going on to give us confidence the Escapees are addressing the problem.  The announcements area (that was eliminated) at the head of the forum would have been a great area to communicate with us what was going on rather than a posting hiding on a thread somewhere.  Wonder when and how the next "upgrade" will happen?      Greg

Greg & Judy Bahnmiller
Class of 2007
2014 F350
2007 HitchHiker Champagne

Both sold 2/19, settled in Foley, AL after 12 years on the road

http://bahnmilleradventure.blogspot.com/

On 3/11/2017 at 6:25 PM, bruce t said:

Barb I understand some of the frustration. But I wonder how the membership could have been consulted. I'm not sure how many folks use this forum but I would bet everyone has a different opinion. I would have been a nightmare to 'consult' with members re any changes. As for instructions I have my doubts about that even. David Sand has been posting help yet some folks choose to still have issues. Besides how many people 'read' instructions and where would they have posted them?

I'm a member of many forums. Many of them have changed over the years. All without the reaction I have seen here. I really wonder what those responsible would have done differently. (FWIW I was involved with a large RV club who found that a forum was simply too much work trying to keep everyone happy. So it was closed down. Don't let that happen here).

Give them time.

regards

Actually, I've seen polls put out in the short time I've been here and I think some initial comments could have been handled through that method to possibly save some concerns and get advanced suggestions.  Just a thought.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, there are many people in this forum, like moderators, who are knowledgeable about this forum and computers that a panel could be put together to offer suggestions and input whenever a change is going to be made, without going to the entire forum membership. If nothing else, this small group would be responsive and help prevent some of the turmoil this latest change presented.

2009 Four Winds Chateau - 25' class C          2002 Chevy Tracker

1458033694__statesVisitedas-ofMarch-2012.jpg.b173645da4a43150ba2820dc7a6bdfc5.jpg

I'm glad I found this thread.  I thought there was something wrong with my computer.  Is there a page where Escapees is taking a poll on what their customers think of this change?  If not, there should be.

Jim

Jim
SKP: 99693
If you think you can, or you think you can't. . . you are probably right (Henry Ford)
2014 Dodge 4WD Dually
1998 Carriage LS-341

14 minutes ago, Five Wood said:

Is there a page where Escapees is taking a poll on what their customers think of this change?  If not, there should be.

Since the change was caused by an update on of software on the serer, and it was beyond the control of the Escapee management, I rather doubt that such a poll is going to happen. Given time, I suspect we will see improvements as the IT department leans what can be customized and how to do so. If you will read the post from Jim Hendrix of IT, you can see that the server supplier is no longer supporting the software we used before and it is just history.  Like most IT departments, this one isn't that great on communication, but I do know that modifications and customization has been promised. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

SWharton this idea may well be a breach of privacy. "Since all our email addresses are available to them a broadcast email saying there was going to be a dramatic change would have minimal been appropriate." I maybe wrong but the inappropriate use of personal detail could be a problem with some folks.

regards

I have a forum running vBulletin software and even with it I can send out a mass e-mail to all members. I know it can be done with this software and it will not be a 'breach of privacy'. It is no different than any other e-mail that you may receive. Since this has not been done prior to the roll out of the new version, I have to ask, at this point what good would an e-mail do? We all need to figure out what is the best we can set things to be what we want. Once we get used to it things will be just like before.

VisitedStatesMap.gif

I'm not crazy about it but as changes go this one is not as radical as some I have seen.  A heads up would have been nice but after an earlier one I have come to understand why this happens.

wow, I just noticed I now have a lot less posts shown than was shown under the old one not that it matters that much.

Every time I log on with my phone or tablet I'm glad it changed. 

Denny

Denny & Jami SKP#90175
Most Timing with Mac our Scottie, RIP Jasper our Westie
2013 F350 SC DRW 6.2 V8 4.30 Gears
2003 HH Premier 35FKTG Home Base Nebraska

OK, so their was a fumble on this one. The ball is back in play, and I think their's plenty of Monday Morning Quarterbacking for them to review... 

But knowing out community, I suspect I'll be back on when Page 7 is reflected on the bottom, and say 'Is this thread still going?'.

And peace to you all, understand the comments and that Change is Our Friend - Sometimes:)! 

Best to you all, now, let me go look into a few other thread's. I get  a chance my ongoing education, and sometimes, I even get to help others too... See you when a few more pages roll in.

Smitty

Be safe, have fun,

Smitty

04 CC Allure "RooII" - Our "E" ride for life!

23 hours ago, D&J said:

Every time I log on with my phone or tablet I'm glad it changed. 

Denny

Phones and tablets are the present and future.  All forum type software has to adapt and be compatible with internet access technology.
We are quickly becoming dinosaurs, living on an island of antiquated technology, if we don't keep up.

Lance-white-sands-500.jpg

~Rich

Archived