rickeieio

I followed through yesterday like I said I would and sta-biled my gas and exercised the generator (Honda 2000). For those that don't do it (I'm guilty of going to long) the genny should be run every month just for exercise. This also makes it start easier. I have also been told to exercise the generator part not just the engine. So I plug in something and make the generator generate.

Brad  

Brad and Jacolyn
Tucker the Wonder dog and Brynn the Norfolk Terrier
2009 Smart "Joy"
2004 VNL630 "Vonda the Volvo"
2008 Hitch Hiker 35 CK Champagne Edition
VED12 465 HP, Freedomline, 3.73 ratio, WB 218"
Fulltiming and loving it.

We use 1 oz per gallon Seafoam with every fill up, run it every day for two weeks then run it dry and put it away for 4 months, go to another show and repeat for two weeks, run it dry and put it away for 9 months. We do this every year. Typically starts on the 3rd or 4th pull when dry, 1st pull thereafter.

Seafoam.

On March 9, 2017 at 10:13 PM, billr said:

Sta-bil. Or get familiar with carb disassembly. 

Run em every month too. 

All our outdoor equip we use a additive to the junk ethanol gas. It helps save the carbs hoses etc. 

Run a little sea foam threw your tank. It will clean that carb right up. My hobby before RVing was generation 5 ford high boy trucks. I would run a full tank of new fuel and sea foam in the old 390's before I tore them down and the intake would be almost free of carbon build up and the carb was clean. 

2016 Western Star 5700xe (Pathfinder) DD15 555hp

w/12 speed automatic 3:05 diffs

2005 Newmar Mountain Aire 38RLPK

2 Great Danes

Archived