Has anyone found a way to group unread content in the activity stream?

I am starting to figure out how to set up a customized view, but I can't figure out if there is a way to group content by topic.  I am seeing unread content in my activity stream, but I am seeing every unread post in every topic in my stream.  Is there a way to get the unread items grouped like they used to be.  When there is new content in a topic, I don't need to see very new post for that topic in my stream.  I would like to just see the topic title with the latest unread post.  When I click on the topic I can go trhough the other unread posts, I don't need every single one of them cluttering up my activity stream.

Can anyone help coming up with a way to group all the unread posts in a topic into one line item in my activity stream?

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

3 minutes ago, Chad Heiser said:

I am starting to figure out how to set up a customized view, but I can't figure out if there is a way to group content by topic.  I am seeing unread content in my activity stream, but I am seeing every unread post in every topic in my stream.  Is there a way to get the unread items grouped like they used to be.  When there is new content in a topic, I don't need to see very new post for that topic in my stream.  I would like to just see the topic title with the latest unread post.  When I click on the topic I can go trhough the other unread posts, I don't need every single one of them cluttering up my activity stream.

Can anyone help coming up with a way to group all the unread posts in a topic into one line item in my activity stream?

I don't have an answer, sorry.

An alternate method that might work:
I just checked in and clicked on my default stream.  There was a thread that had a couple of new posts.  I clicked on the first one, read all the rest of the thread and then clicked on my default stream (force a stream refresh) and all of the posts for that thread where gone.

Line 1 - ends with just the return (enter) key.

Line 2 - ends with shift-return (shift-enter) key combination.
Line 3

7 minutes ago, Dave Sand said:

I don't have an answer, sorry.

An alternate method that might work:
I just checked in and clicked on my default stream.  There was a thread that had a couple of new posts.  I clicked on the first one, read all the rest of the thread and then clicked on my default stream (force a stream refresh) and all of the posts for that thread where gone.

I found that functionality as well.  I just don't like all the clutter to start with.  I would rather have all new posts in a single topic grouped together like it was in the old forum.  You used to click on it and then it would tell you how many new posts there were.

2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)

event.png    

5 minutes ago, Barbaraok said:

So I set up Barb's Stream, with areas I follow, save it and when I come back it shows EVERYTHING again. I really don't care about HDT section, nor working, etc. Frustrating 

When you create an activity stream, it is saved in your list of streams.  When you exit the forum and come back, the display will show the default activity stream.  You can set the stream you created to be your default stream.  You need to go to the activity stream menu and select the custom stream you created and set it as default.  Once you have your custom stream displayed, go to where the stream name in displayed just below the announcements.  There will be some icons to the right of the stream name (see attached).  Select the checkmark to make it your default stream..

Icons.gif

event.png    

Here is my stream definition:

streamdef.png.de48d3e0df52b7f5417e98ae2c0f3bd1.png

I have the green checkmark to indicate that this is the default stream.  I am using Areas (not topics) following to limit the forums.

The sorting selection does not appear to do anything.

When I come to the site:

58c19a419d2be_ScreenShot2017-03-09at12_08_10PM.png.77bd8a44921c73a73810faddf97aeb27.png

I hit Daily Check, review the list, read as desired and then Mark site read.  Done.  It works for me.

Now just get rid of Announcements.  Ideally they will be able to implement a button to acknowledge or hide the announcement.

An alternate method would move them to their own forum.

Line 3

5 hours ago, Chad Heiser said:

I'm not sure exactly what you are asking, so this may not be what you're looking for:

If you click on the solid circle (or star, if you've made a previous comment) at the front of the topic title, you'll be taken to the newest post since your last visit.

This, at least, works as it did in the previous forum format!

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul

Thanks.  I got that working.  I'm talking about when I have my list of new posts based on my activity settings, it actually lists every new post individually rather than the topic title with an indication there are three new posts in that title.  It would just clean up the initial screen I get like it used to in the old version.

event.png    

7 hours ago, Chad Heiser said:

Thanks.  I got that working.  I'm talking about when I have my list of new posts based on my activity settings, it actually lists every new post individually rather than the topic title with an indication there are three new posts in that title.  It would just clean up the initial screen I get like it used to in the old version.

Threading would be nice.

In the meantime, I have my activity stream setup to display first unread.  I select the first post, read all of the subsequent posts on that thread and then click on my activity stream again.  This refreshes the unread post list and all of the extra entries are gone.  When I reach the end of the list, I select Mark site read.  

Line 3

Archived