Winnebago Comes Through

SWharton

We have had our Vista for 2 years and zero problems(other than the ones we caused). Our gray tank always drained slow but we didn't think much about it. This year, after driving some very rough roads in CN, we started noticing some water on the ground when water drained. Things started smelling so we decided to have someone look at it. Went to our repair guy in our winter location and he discovered the problem right away(when we arrived water was pouring onto the ground).

Our gray tank had shifted. There is suppose to be 2 pieces of styrofoam supporting the tank and ours only had one. 5 hours later all was fixed. This was not an easy fix. He ended up supporting the tank with 2x4s and misc. pieces of wood. Access to the tanks was minimal. Then he had to get the drain pipes and vent pipe back into the tank, another challenge.

We were out of warranty but I sent the info to Winnebago with pictures. We kept in communication as the repair place would not answer Winnebagos requests for more info(have no idea why). Recently we added a few more pictures of the repair with all the wood holding things.

I received a call yesterday and Winnebago will reimburse us the full amount. I was totally surprised but this has made me a very happy Winnebago person(I was happy before).

Thank you Winnebago.....................

Its always nice to hear when a manufacturer stands behind their product, especially when it is outside the typical warranty period.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

Winnebago has always seemed to be customer oriented. They now have a 3-yr/100,000 mile warranty. My old 2000 model had a 10 yr warranty on the sidewalls; plus standard factory warranty was 12 mos/12,000 miles, with an optional 24 mos/24,000 mile warranty.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

The mark of a quality manufacturer is not whether or not anyone has a problem with the products from that company, as no company can ever be so perfect as to never have any failures. The thing that makes a company a high quality one is what they do about the problems when something does happen. Your experience just confirms my belief. 

Thanks for sharing!

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

This is great to hear and very glad a builder stands behind their product. We had a Cedar Creek that I did not like the way the front end would flex ( kept having to re-caulk a seam ) was at the factory and had them measure it and they ended up keeping it to fix it. They had Lippert come out for the frame and they did everything else at no cost to us, I wish more were like these two companies. Congrats on good service.

2017 River Stone Legacy 38MB

2001 T2000 Kenworth

2009 Smart Passion

ET Junior hitch

Archived