Activity Stream

One of the new features(?) is something called an activity stream.  These are pre-made sets of criteria for controlling content selection.

There is an option to create a custom one, which I did:

58c0d9fa8948f_activtydetail.png.8c8287d8e7fd2836429b4e5c5500855d.png

I had to reduce the image size to get under the attachment size limits.

I then selected my custom stream and clicked on the right hand button to make it the default:

58c0da67d6ddb_ScreenShot2017-03-08at10_14_28PM.png.89d14660abb3edd5537002d970f4363d.png

Now when I connect to the forum, my custom stream is listed at the top of the page on the right side:

58c0da5e95e4b_ScreenShot2017-03-08at10_14_43PM.png.eb9ce6ba4199ddcfd75f219557252f80.png

Line 1 - ends with just the return (enter) key.

Line 2 - ends with shift-return (shift-enter) key combination.
Line 3

As a followup to my previous post, I discovered another feature in the Activity Stream:

58c0df1fc990d_ScreenShot2017-03-08at10_48_30PM.png.ea84740a4cb1a4241121f6246c8336d1.png

In the Content types section, you can restrict messages by forum.

I just did this so it will interesting to see how well it actually works.

Dave Sand

Line 3

Thanks for posting this!

I don't like limiting the topics that I see, although I don't read all of them.  HOWEVER, I found among all the items...down near the bottom right-hand side of the page...where you can select seeing only items since your last visit!  I selected it, so we'll see how it works in real life.  Hopefully, it'll work since I don't like the "Unread Content" button.

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul

10 minutes ago, LindaH said:

Thanks for posting this!

I don't like limiting the topics that I see, although I don't read all of them.  HOWEVER, I found among all the items...down near the bottom right-hand side of the page...where you can select seeing only items since your last visit!  I selected it, so we'll see how it works in real life.  Hopefully, it'll work since I don't like the "Unread Content" button.

It does take some tweaking to get things working.

My latest activity stream version has read status: unread, following: areas and time period: last visit.  Since I specified following areas, I select each area of interest and select follow.

I also changed Clicking Unread Items to take me to the first unread comment.  Clicking the button next to the topic does the same thing, but the topic name is easier to hit.

Line 3

Thanks Dave and Linda.  I didn't associate "topics" with the subforums, but rather with threads.  And since there are no instructions on what the words mean, I guess we are all suppose to stumble around until we figure it out.   

Has anyone figured out what happened to signature lines?

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

Archived