AT&T Internet coverage

OK, I'm confused... AT&T is supposed to be right there with Verizon for phone and Internet.  But when you go to myATT and look at the internet coverage maps, it does not show internet available in many central, NW and NE states.  And their listings do not include Oregon, Washington, New Mexico and Colorado amongst others.

So now I have my ZTE Mobley up and running with unlimited data, and I will spend my entire summer in states that, according to the coverage listing, do not have AT&T Internet.

Surely I must be reading this wrong, but I went back to the coverage map at least 3 times with the same coverage info before I decided to post here...

== John

According to their web page, internet service is available in these states:  Alabama Arkansas California Florida Georgia Illinois Indiana Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Michigan Mississippi Missouri Nevada North Carolina Ohio Oklahoma South Carolina Tennessee Texas Wisconsin

2015 Entegra Aspire 44B diesel pusher with 2017 GMC Acadia Denali toad
Web site, albums, blog and more here

The question is what do they mean by internet service. Could they be referencing a hard wire line to your house? Virginia is not on the list and I know around Williamsburg there is no service to your house, only cell phone/internet service. I just came back from a trip through many states not on your list and have had no problems with ATT availability, actually I was impressed by ATT coverage. I am pretty sure you don't have anything to worry about.

1 hour ago, John Laninga said:

OK, I'm confused... AT&T is supposed to be right there with Verizon for phone and Internet.  But when you go to myATT and look at the internet coverage maps, it does not show internet available in many central, NW and NE states.  And their listings do not include Oregon, Washington, New Mexico and Colorado amongst others.

So now I have my ZTE Mobley up and running with unlimited data, and I will spend my entire summer in states that, according to the coverage listing, do not have AT&T Internet.

Surely I must be reading this wrong, but I went back to the coverage map at least 3 times with the same coverage info before I decided to post here...

== John

According to their web page, internet service is available in these states:  Alabama Arkansas California Florida Georgia Illinois Indiana Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Michigan Mississippi Missouri Nevada North Carolina Ohio Oklahoma South Carolina Tennessee Texas Wisconsin

When you go to ATT website, you have to be sure and select the wireless section since they also have landline.

Everybody wanna hear the truth, but everybody tell a lie.  Everybody wanna go to Heaven, but nobody want to die.  Albert King

3 hours ago, lexidog said:

No, I'm looking here:  https://www.att.com/local/internet/

I'm thinking this is for landline internet as has been suggested.  The title suggests internet bundles so that would not apply to wireless.  But I was curious....

== John

2015 Entegra Aspire 44B diesel pusher with 2017 GMC Acadia Denali toad
Web site, albums, blog and more here

AT&T is still considered 2nd in network coverage to Verizon. Here's a quick map comparing Verizon (red) to AT&T (blue) from our app Coverage?. It shows 4G only coverage. 

(Sorry for the super low res, apparently there's a .1 mb file size limit for uploads now). 

coverage-verizon-att-nov16 copy.png

Cherie & Chris (and Kiki *meow*) / Personal Blog: Technomadia.com
Technomads (technology enabled nomads) since 2006

Our Nomadic Fleet:
RVs:
Zephyr: 1961 GM 4106 bus conversion / Blooper: 2020.5 Winnebago Travato GL Boat: Y-Not: 1999 Bayliner 4788

Hosts of the Mobile Internet Resource Center
Mobile Internet Information for RVers, Cruisers & Nomads
Proud to be recognized as Escapee's Commercial Partners #773 / Escapees RVOU Instructors

I carry an AT&T iPhone & a Verizon Jetpack, both with external antennas and cradle amplifiers.  In general, as long as I'm on major highways, interstates, or in large cities, they both have good connectivity.  Once I'm out in the middle of nowhere, it is usually AT&T the disappears first.  I've found a few places that have no coverage be either network, but in general, I have better luck with Verizon.  For example, I'm currently in La Paz County Park 7 miles north of Parker, AZ.  Strong Verizon 4G LTE service (a bit slow) and weak to none AT&T availability.  Of course there are places where AT&T works & Verizon doesn't - for example, at Texas Springs campground at Death Valley.  

Overall, if I was going to travel with only one provider, I'd choose Verizon.

150150.jpg.30f49e1e712c4af11a1e8f523a24f5d1.jpg

Travel photos RV Blogs Journals & Travelogues at:
http://www.lakeshoreimages.com
My Travel Blog - Jon's Journeys

Archived