Nice No Heads Up on change

Add me to the list of folks not liking the new format. I will try it for a day or so, but as it stands now, I will be leaving. Unfortunate, as there is a lot of good info here, but not enough to make me have to wade through the junk to get to it. 

SignatureNewest.jpg.a1bc8322b0862056fd28e25d5b1458db.jpg

AT LEAST get rid of that annoying Announcements page. Holy cow what a pain. Ah heck, when I retired I decided to not let the little things bother me so I guess I need to just stay away from this forum for a while and see what settles out in a week or so.

Dave & Diane

2020 New Horizon Majestic  5th wheel

2018 Ram 5500

2014 Tiffin Phaeton 42LH (SOLD)
2012 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited (SOLD)

http://daveanddiane.wordpress.com/

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWqRmO1rO4cu3rFANF1iG6Q

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10752;80/st/20120701/e/Went+fulltime/dt/-2/k/271f/event.png

You've hit the nail right on the head Joe.    Sadly many will drop out if they don't get this resolved quickly, and let's face it, there's a lot less posts than there was when we originally joined ;)     So they can far from allow that to happen one would think.    I'm with others that the Escapees forum was by far my favourite and even my only resource for many years until it became too quiet on content and then started joining others for higher activity, and over time have seen a lot of other names from here join them also.

Will give it a few more days checking in but after that I'll likely and probably unintentionally forget to come back "sigh". 

Escapade is in 2 weeks.  Perhaps the person(s) who approved the radical change to the forum format will stand before the assembled Escapees one evening and admit they approved the change. They could also ask for comments on how users like the changes.  It would be beneficial if the decision maker(s) could provide details on how much the forum is visited with the new format versus the old format. 

If the new format objective was to reduce costs by reducing forum usage and the resulting reduction of bandwith requirements, they have succeeded.

Warren & Sandy

2006 New Horizons 36 ft 5ver

2003 Freightliner FL60 - Mountain Master conversion

8 minutes ago, w4whh said:

Escapade is in 2 weeks.  Perhaps the person(s) who approved the radical change to the forum format will stand before the assembled Escapees one evening and admit they approved the change. They could also ask for comments on how users like the changes.  It would be beneficial if the decision maker(s) could provide details on how much the forum is visited with the new format versus the old format. 

If the new format objective was to reduce costs by reducing forum usage and the resulting reduction of bandwith requirements, they have succeeded.

In all fairness that is a very good point however, there are still a lot of folks over the next few weeks that will still visit not realizing the change has occurred, and others like myself who are just going to check in as normal to see if it's been changed back, until natural attrition will occur if it isn't changed back to some thing more user friendly like before.   Just saying, the numbers might still be thwarted for the next few weeks, so they will likely say "there's been no change" that early on.

The change stinks! As older people (I'm only 64) we do not like CHANGE!  We are not kids that have to have things change to stay interested just the opposite! As there are other sites out there I think you will find your  usership will drop. It was easy to find new threads and such now it is such a P.I.T.A. That I will use it much less. I visited 2 to 3 times a day now probably once a week or less.

2011 Berkshire 390-rb-40, upgraded tires and front axle airbags, 2012 Jeep Wrangler 2 door, Blue Ox baseplate and BlueOx aladdin tow bar, Blue Ox Patriot brake system, wiring run through right frame rail and homemade led taillight bar.

I rarely use full screen for anything. So when I went to Escapees all I saw were very old announcements. ON EVERY PAGE! I am not a happy camper. Since we're not actively RVing anymore I may just stop contributing rather than deal with this mess. Sorry to all you newbies who want help from experienced RVers.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Sort of reminds me of another forum I used to be involved in. It was by far the most popular wood carving forum on line. Then the admins made huge changes that nobody liked and it is now a shadow of it's former self. I don't think there are 10% of the former participants left. Nobody ever explained the changes so 90% just ended up leaving.

2007 Arctic Fox 32.5RL used for full-timing for several years. Sold

2114 Sunnbrook 25' RL pull trailer for summer camping and short trips.

2007 Chevy diesel 

PS: Glad I'm a new member with 3 posts. Actually I have been involved for at least five years...

2007 Arctic Fox 32.5RL used for full-timing for several years. Sold

2114 Sunnbrook 25' RL pull trailer for summer camping and short trips.

2007 Chevy diesel 

17 hours ago, accumack said:

The change stinks! As older people (I'm only 64) we do not like CHANGE!  

It might be worth noting that while Escapees still are strongest in the retired RV'er services, there is a growing movement to attract the younger RV owners and especially those working while on the road. Change is just part of life and we seniors (I'm only 74) are going to have to adapt or attempt to live in the past. I'm not all that wild about some of the changes, but I sure do like seeing so many new members who are in their 30's, 40's and 50's!

9 hours ago, Earl1 said:

PS: Glad I'm a new member with 3 posts. Actually I have been involved for at least five years...

I have been around for several times that long and while my new post count is still pretty high, it is a fraction of what it once was and in my view that is a good thing. I suggested long ago that post count be made to go away, as I don't think that this should be a competition to see who can make the most posts and the listing of things like "senior member" should be sufficient. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

I agree if it  would be a good thing if younger users like this Kirk. Gotta say though I am 58 and don't know why these changes would be beneficial to those younger than me. An announcement stating the rationale and a user manual would have been a good start. I will stick with the forum and hope others do as well but they need some heavy customer service intervention here. This is a horrible roll out.  I spent the first day trying to figure out what was wrong with my computer.    

Dave and Lana Hasper

Just now, Daveh said:

I agree if it  would be a good thing if younger users like this Kirk. Gotta say though I am 58 and don't know why these changes would be beneficial to those younger than me. An announcement stating the rationale and a user manual would have been a good start. I will stick with the forum and hope others do as well but they need some heavy customer service intervention here. This is a horrible roll out.  I spent the first day trying to figure out what was wrong with my computer.    

Actually, the younger people might really like the change since it works nicely on a smartphone.

Line 1 - ends with just the return (enter) key.

Line 2 - ends with shift-return (shift-enter) key combination.
Line 3

Archived