Nice No Heads Up on change

Would have been nice to have a heads up instead of getting a 'no page' notice.  I really liked being able to filter out things I wasn't interested in.  Why make things harder for everyone by making them scroll through areas and announcements they aren't interested in.

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

Gotta admit Barb, I'm with you on this new layout.   Admittedly very few of us like change but I have to say this new layout is so user unfriendly compared to prior and the other forums we utilize.   If it's not kept simple, logical and with fewest clicks possible, that's when you typically lose folks = just saying FWIW.

All be it still new I'm not a fan so far of the change. I'm a "if it's easy I will use it guy" so far this does not qualify.

Dave & Diane

2020 New Horizon Majestic  5th wheel

2018 Ram 5500

2014 Tiffin Phaeton 42LH (SOLD)
2012 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited (SOLD)

http://daveanddiane.wordpress.com/

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWqRmO1rO4cu3rFANF1iG6Q

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10752;80/st/20120701/e/Went+fulltime/dt/-2/k/271f/event.png

Must be the Escapers who did this change.  Youngsters like and accept change, us old farts (Escapees) don't.  Is there a way we can chose between this new format and return to the old?  Also, I'm pretty sure I had a lot more posts than what is now stated.     Greg 

Greg & Judy Bahnmiller
Class of 2007
2014 F350
2007 HitchHiker Champagne

Both sold 2/19, settled in Foley, AL after 12 years on the road

http://bahnmilleradventure.blogspot.com/

I can't find how to have a signature line attached to all posts.   Can't find how to designate which forums I want to follow.   Wonder what the difference between browse and activity is - different look at same info is all I can see. 

Most businesses know that while attracting new they need to keep the old.  Is this a way of dumping the 'old'?

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

I am very unhappy with the new format.  The escapees forum was my favorite forum and I read it and participated in it daily because it was informative and so USER FRIENDLY compared to the other forums to which I belong.  This new format is NOT user friendly at all (and I am a pretty technically savvy user).  I am VERY disappointed in the change.  First, there was no notice about the change and now there is no instruction on how to use the new format.  How do we get the attention of the admins to make them aware of our frustration?  I don't even see a report button or link like there was in the previous version to get an admin to look at a topic or post.

i also just noticed my post count is at least half what it usd to be.  I'm not sure why that is either.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

I have to agree this is a poor format compared to the old one. But the decision is theirs. Someone liked it enough to set it up. So that's one. <wink>

On edit, I went from 12,000 or so posts to 3123 posts. Anyone else lose their post count, or have it altered to 10k less than last week?

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

Lets make this unanimous.  The new format is #$%^&*^%$%%!!!

Roger, K4RS and Toni, K1TS
Amateur Radio Operators - Motorcycle Riders (Harley Davidson Tri-Glide Ultra)

Fulltime from 2003-2016 - Now longtime RVers

On the road, living the dream...
Ford F-250 Super Duty 7.3 liter diesel and Forest River XLR Toyhauler. 

Position report via amateur radio

I tried sending a message to Travis Carr to see if the admins were going to address any of the concerns expressed on multiple threads about the new format and the system wouldn't let me send the message.  It said he was not able to receive it for some reason.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

I do like one thing ... the ability to hover over a thread and see the original post as well as the tab to see the latest post in the thread.  Saves me clicks on threads that have an interesting title, but less interesting content.

All the white space is a bit bright. 

I don't like the announcements at the head of the message list page.  The "Traveling with Pets" announcemnt just isn't relevant if I'm browsing messages about "Internet on the Road."  It would be nice if announcements were limited to the forum they are intended to appear in.

Make this go away!!!

• Announcements

• Angie Carr

Welcome!

Welcome to the Escapees Discussion Forum! Think of this as your virtual campfire where you are surrounded by friends and folks who live the RVing dream. No question is too basic so pull up a chair, grab your favorite beverage and stay for awhile.   Please e-mail forumadmin@escapees.com if you have any questions.   Happy travels, Angie and Greg Carr Forum Admins 
    • Angie Carr

Contacting the Admins

Hey there!   I need a favor, please. If you have questions or troubles with the forum, please ues the REPORT feature. This way, we can better share the load amongst the admins.   Thanks! Angie 
    • traviscarr

Important Reminder!

First, a big thank you to all our forum participants who continue to take their time to share RV related information on this site. Your input is highly valued. It is unfortunate that some threads get both off topic and out of hand which then requires action be taken consistent with Forum policies.   It is important that participants understand that this forum is open to the public, it is not strictly a service for members... 
    • GregCarr

RVing with Pets.

Hi there, For all you who are traveling with pets or for those of you curious about traveling with pets this is the place to learn and share what you’ve learned. For all of you who don’t like pets and like nothing more than to tell others how you despise man’s best friend and traveling companions then this is not the place to be.   Those of you who know who you are, you’ve been warned. 
    • traviscarr

To Do and Not to Do For Sale Ads

Things to do for sale ads:   1. Always start a new topic for a new item, don't piggy-back on an earlier one as it makes things confusing once folks start replying.   2. Consider putting individual items in their own topics instead of all in one. Exception's to that would be for selling a truck and trailer, toad and hitch or other things that might be bought as a set. If part of a set sells edit the title and your first post... 

2019 Jayco 5th Wheel 28.5RSTS  2017 Ford F250 Super Duty 6.2L

28 minutes ago, Aggie79-82a said:

Where is my "New Posts" button?

It's gone away.  Instead, there is now an "Unread Content" button on the top right-hand side of the page above the Announcements.  I really don't like this change since I don't read every single thread...so now I'll have to wade through everything to find topics of interest to me instead of being able to just see items with new posts since my last visit.  :angry:

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul

I just found out about a feature here that may help those of us who liked the old "View New Content" button.

At the top of the page, click on "My Activity Stream" and then click on "Create New Stream."  A new page will come up where you can select specific topics if you wish.  But the thing I like is that down near the lower right-hand side of the page, is a "Since My Last Visit" line that you can select.

I selected it, so we'll see how it works in real life.

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul

I just did what you said.  All good, until you go away and come back.  Then you have to RESELECT THEM ALL AGAIN.   I once again saved them, gave it a name, and when I clicked on the new stream, there was EVERYTHING there, not just those I had selected to followup.   :angry:

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

WOW, talk about stirring up the natives.  Count me in as one that really, REALLY dislikes this new format.

Personal opinion is that many folks will drop out if it's not fixed quickly.  As for me, another couple of days and I'll be gone.

Joe

Joe

The "Doghouse" 04 Tiffin Phaeton 40TGH

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

Archived