Page Change??

oletimer

It seems like the older I get, the more changes are harder for me to make.  We are all "creatures of habit" I think, but many times the changes are an improvement.  I have now noticed all the Escapees forum pages have a different display, so I have either been hacked, or missed out some how.  I not complaining, just wondering which?  A little off topic I know, but the HDT forum is where I usually go.  Is the different look correct?   Thanks,   Dick T 

2006 Volvo VNL 630(VED12 400HP)
10 speed autoshift,3.58 gear 236" twin screw, w/ET, Jackalopee, Blue Dot
2016 Space Craft 37'

Blu/Dot, Dexter 8K triple axel, HD Drum hydraulic brakes

Feather lite air ride
2005 Jeep Rubicon
2007 Suzuki DR 650

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I now noticed my name is different.  Do I still have my old handle?  (oletimer)

2006 Volvo VNL 630(VED12 400HP)
10 speed autoshift,3.58 gear 236" twin screw, w/ET, Jackalopee, Blue Dot
2016 Space Craft 37'

Blu/Dot, Dexter 8K triple axel, HD Drum hydraulic brakes

Feather lite air ride
2005 Jeep Rubicon
2007 Suzuki DR 650

Just found the search box up there on the right. I sure don't think it was there at first though. Oh well, glad it's back. I'm sure these "improvements" were made by somebody that knows a lot more about forums than me so I'll support the change. There must be good reasons for it. 

'03 United Specialties truck conversion, Freightliner FL112, Cat C12, 10 sp Autoshift, 295" w/b, 26' living quarters.

St. Paul, MN

www.bobwinsor.com

I don't like the new format.

First, the "Announcements" seem to be at the tope of each page requiring one to scroll down before being able to read anything.

Second, the "Read New Content" button has disappeared, being replaced by "Unread Content."  There are lots of threads I don't read because they are of no interest to me, so I don't really want those threads to continue to come up just because I haven't read them.

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul

Glad it is not just me who noticed the change.  I was starting to think that somebody slipped something in to my lunch when I was not looking.

2017 Entegra Anthem 44A

SOLD - 2004 Volvo 780. 465hp and 10sp Auto Shift (from 2010~2017)

SOLD - 2009 Montana 3400RL

It happened this morning. I went to log in and it  said things were being "updated". I have mixed feelings about the layout...It seems to have its pluses and minuses. Since I don't expect to have a voice in the admin of things I expect I'll just have to work with it and deal with the charges...

Doug
Frequent "lurker"
Occasional poster
First step towards the RV setup complete: 1 smart car

27 minutes ago, LindaH said:

I don't like the new format.

First, the "Announcements" seem to be at the tope of each page requiring one to scroll down before being able to read anything.

Second, the "Read New Content" button has disappeared, being replaced by "Unread Content."  There are lots of threads I don't read because they are of no interest to me, so I don't really want those threads to continue to come up just because I haven't read them.

Where are you finding "unread content" ?  This new format sucks!!!

'12 Dodge Ram HD Crew Cab Long Bed

3500 Cummins Diesel

'07 HitchHiker II 29.5 LKTG

This sucks.  The forum was great and easy to use, now this!  I could see all my unread topics on 1 or 2 pages now that's not the case and I'm still fumbling around trying to figure out this surprise change.  Old farts don't like changes!     Greg

Greg & Judy Bahnmiller
Class of 2007
2014 F350
2007 HitchHiker Champagne

Both sold 2/19, settled in Foley, AL after 12 years on the road

http://bahnmilleradventure.blogspot.com/

1 hour ago, rtarwater said:

I now noticed my name is different.  Do I still have my old handle?  (oletimer)

To change your display name : find your handle ( name ) at the top right of any page and click the little down arrow ; click Account Settings ; on the next page under Settings , Overview , click Display Name . A new page comes up with a box that you can type in what ever name you want . Press Save .

That will immediately change the name we see on the forum , past , present and future .

Goes around , comes around .

I'm not a big fan so far either.  Also, my forum name reverted back to my original one for some reason.  I was able to figure out how to change it back.  I am really not a fan of the "unread content" vs the old "new content" search in the previous version.

Also, it looks like everyone's signatures are gone.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

One thing I really did like about the way the previous format worked is that when I came back to catch up on reading, it remembered where I left off, and jumped there. This one seems to take me back to the top every time.....sigh...

Doug
Frequent "lurker"
Occasional poster
First step towards the RV setup complete: 1 smart car

1 minute ago, Buscrusher said:

One thing I really did like about the way the previous format worked is that when I came back to catch up on reading, it remembered where I left off, and jumped there. This one seems to take me back to the top every time.....sigh...

X2

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

17 minutes ago, GeorgiaHybrid said:

I hate to say it as I usually like a newer format but this current one is about as bad as it gets. Anyway to go back to the old format?

Me too.  I've probably participated in over 100 forums in the past 15 years.  This is the worst format I've ever encountered, not intuitive at all.  I got lost just trying to read post since my last visit.  And, when I go back to the previous page, it's a whole new set of threads and texts.

Everybody wanna hear the truth, but everybody tell a lie.  Everybody wanna go to Heaven, but nobody want to die.  Albert King

Just discovered this hack job.  First impression is I don't like it.  But, I didn't like a lot of things early in the game....

I see the posts aren't numbered now.  That used to be pretty handy when making reference on a particular subject.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

Archived