Lug Nut Cover Remover Tool

SWharton

A Lug Nut Cover Remover Tool came with our MH but I didn't know what it was and threw it out. It has a socket for the lug nut cover and then the handle is a T. I can't locate it. I must be using the wrong search terms. Any ideas what terms I should use or where I can get one.

Thanks

The one for the chrome simulators? I think you have to search for a Phoenix wrench if I remember right. Something like that. I remember it being hard to find when I ran over mine. :rolleyes: If it is the plastic lug covers on ball seat nuts then it is Alcoa 000500.

Thanks lockmup but the wrench style doesn't work and the other style I can't find any mention of size, we need 39mm.

I called Winnebago and they don't have it; said it came with the chassis from Ford. Called Ford and was told it can't be ordered.

I think the tool you are looking for is from Phoenix USA. They seem to have the "T" handle socket in their pictures. I would try the email linkon their page and see if they will sell one separately. Or call them @ 1-800-786-8785

2004 Volvo 630, Freedomline, Rear view camera, Max Brake, Jackalopee, 38 ft 4 horse LQ Platinum, 40ft Jayco Talon toy hauler

Http:/www.flickr.com/photos/shallow_draft/

Https://flic.kr/p/fqhyAN

You are not lost if you don't care where you are!!

When they say the tool is for 33mm Lug Nut Covers they are meaning that the tool fits lug nut covers that fit over top of 33mm lug nuts (33mm lug nut plus cover thickness=39mm), not saying it is for lug nut covers that are 33mm.

33mm OD lug nuts are the industry standard now days and while RV stuff is often unique, the chassis is one area that they have stayed fairly standard.

I am fairly sure that this is the tool you need...1.5inch=38.1mm

https://www.iowa80.com/pd/alcoa-15-lug-nut-cover-installation-tool/154487/

If that one is too small to fit this one will...

https://www.iowa80.com/pd/alcoa-33mm-lug-nut-cover-installation-tool/24835/

I think the tool you are looking for is from Phoenix USA. They seem to have the "T" handle socket in their pictures. I would try the email linkon their page and see if they will sell one separately. Or call them @ 1-800-786-8785

I forgot to add that I have one that came with my trailer. I had no idea what this tool was for until after my first flat tire. I spent a long time trying to figure out how to get the wheel simulator off. a few weeks later I found the "tool" in the cupboard.

2004 Volvo 630, Freedomline, Rear view camera, Max Brake, Jackalopee, 38 ft 4 horse LQ Platinum, 40ft Jayco Talon toy hauler

Http:/www.flickr.com/photos/shallow_draft/

Https://flic.kr/p/fqhyAN

You are not lost if you don't care where you are!!

Problem solved!!!!

After talking to Winnebago, Ford, several online places, Phoenix USA etc. I found the T wrench but it was $20ish and $11ish shipping. I then started searching for a 39mm deep socket. Encountered the same shipping problem(even with Walmart). I then went online to NAPA(didn't have), Autozone. Autozone had a 39mm socket for $12. We have an Autozone 25 minutes from us. I called, they had it in stock and put it aside for us. It fits and works well!!!!

Thank you all for your help. Without you, we wouldn't even have had found any solution.

Archived