SnowBird Driving Habits in Phoenix!

Al F

Here is a news article about SnowBird driving habits in Phoenix.

Seems like some people are not happy about people:

-- Swinging to the right just before making a left turn (or the opposite for a right turn).

-- Driving slow in the HOV lane

-- Not coming up to traffic speed when merging onto the freeway

-- etc, etc

This is not limited to Phoenix though!

Thanks to RV Travel Newsletter for bringing this to my attention.

Al & Sharon
2006 Winnebago Journey 36G 
2020 Chevy Colorado Toad
San Antonio, TX

http://downtheroadaroundthebend.blogspot.com/

Whenever we are driving up and down Tamiami Trail (41), North and South of Sarasota, hubby and I swear with, ironically particularly the older drivers, it's like a 24 Hour Happy hour they are all on, straddling and weaving the lanes. It's a common daily event in our experience so far!

I call the drivers "Blue Tips" because usually, all you can see is the blue (think gray with the bad dye job) hair sticking up over the front seat.

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

In Yuma, AZ. snowbirds and Arizona plated vehicles, many of which are "piloted" by snowbirds and locals, delete the turn signal lever and opt for the 6-CD changer and a Bluetooth setup. They knock down more walls and fences then I've ever seen. And most traffic accidents, no matter how small, have a high percentage of rollovers.

On 3/4/2017 at 3:51 PM, Alie&Jim's Carrilite said:

I call the drivers "Blue Tips" because usually, all you can see is the blue (think gray with the bad dye job) hair sticking up over the front seat.

Its not most of the old Blue/Gray haired folks causing most of the problems either. Proven facts, its the red light/stop sign runners, traffic weavers, inattentive drivers, tailgaters and many more who cause most accidents!

:) Living Life One Day At A Time!

It's why I enjoy California - majority of drivers know what the merge lane means, know what the trottle pedal is for, make room for you when you signal to change lanes, move wide at stop lights so you can filter to the front with your motorcycle, use turnouts or deliberately slow so you can pass them with your motorcycle on roads you make better time on than 4+ wheeled traffic ... :ph34r:

"Are we there yet?" asked no motorcycle rider, ever. 

3 hours ago, noteven said:

It's why I enjoy California - majority of drivers know what the merge lane means, know what the trottle pedal is for, make room for you when you signal to change lanes, move wide at stop lights so you can filter to the front with your motorcycle, use turnouts or deliberately slow so you can pass them with your motorcycle on roads you make better time on than 4+ wheeled traffic ... :ph34r:

Wow I never experienced that in the 10 years I lived in San Diego! The number of times I had to swerve to let people on the onramp into the right lane was ridiculous, they didn't have a clue what the merge lane was for or the gas pedal, they just pulled out regardless.

BnB

2009 Monaco Cayman DP 38'

bnbrv.blogspot.com/

• 5 weeks later...

The thing I have noticed the most is young women who drive fast with one hand and their phone in the other. Give me a geezer any day.

<p>....JIM and LINDA......2001 American Eagle 40 '.towing a GMC Sierra 1500 4X4 with RZR in the rear. 1999 JEEP Cherokee that we tow as well.

IT IS A CONTENTED MAN WHO CAN APPRECIATE THE SCENERY ALONG A DETOUR.

Archived