Unlimited data access for $20 on OnStar vehicles

Other threads talk about the $20 AT&T Unlimited data plan with the Mobley device you plug into your cars OBD port. Thought I'd look and see how this works with my GM car, which has OnStar. Turns out they have the same program with AT&T, but you don't need a device since OnStar already has LTE data access.

So if you have an OnStar account, and you have an AT&T Unlimited Data plan, you can access that plan from your car for $20 a month. Unlimited data, no 22G or 10G speed downgrading I could see, and no additional equipment needed.

My new Chevy came with "free" LTE for 3 months, so I know it works inside and outside of my car. Just don't know what the range is, although I know I can access the car LTE access point while I'm towing.

So just another option for those with GM cars with OnStar...

== John

2015 Entegra Aspire 44B diesel pusher with 2017 GMC Acadia Denali toad
Web site, albums, blog and more here

Other threads talk about the $20 AT&T Unlimited data plan with the Mobley device you plug into your cars OBD port. Thought I'd look and see how this works with my GM car, which has OnStar. Turns out they have the same program with AT&T, but you don't need a device since OnStar already has LTE data access.

So if you have an OnStar account, and you have an AT&T Unlimited Data plan, you can access that plan from your car for $20 a month. Unlimited data, no 22G or 10G speed downgrading I could see, and no additional equipment needed.

My new Chevy came with "free" LTE for 3 months, so I know it works inside and outside of my car. Just don't know what the range is, although I know I can access the car LTE access point while I'm towing.

So just another option for those with GM cars with OnStar...

== John

Yep, this is the exact same plan as the mobley, a mobley can be used outside the vehicle.

Archived