Just Starting My Education

Hammerdude55

Hello To Everyone, I am digging around here to educate myself before I'm ready to dive in and do a lot of traveling.

Looking at a 2012 or newer VNL 780 and a used, New Horizon or MS. Was thinking of singling the rig but not so sure anymore.

Like the ability of hauling a car on the rig, So I'll see where this journey goes... ;)

Oh one question to stat with is, How do you guys an gals deal with the length issue? I know I'll probably find a few answers searching

around here, But wanted to ask this out right, I think I want the rig around 234", 240" and the 5er around 40' .

Thank Ken...

Welcome to the Escapee forums!We are here to help and will do our best to do so. I don't have experience with the heavy trucks but there are many on these forums who do. Just wanted to say hello and make you welcome.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

We don't haul with a tractor but have run into several that do. One had a deck built on the back with a winch/ramp setup so he could haul a Smart car. Worked well for them and they towed a 40' 5ver. Overall length is not an issue, but as with everything, getting into spaces in state parks with a larger rig is always an issue.

Alan & Kathleen

2015 Grand Design Momentum 380TH

2014 F350 DRW 6.7L Diesel

2012 Goldwing Navi/ABS

With any luck at all, Jack Mayer will join in as he is our resident heavy truck guy with lots of experience. In case Jack is traveling, check out his website where he has a lot of heavy truck information from his years of experience.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

You have chosen a great place to start your journey! Welcome aboard!! Like Kirk I have zero knowledge about the type of rig you are looking at but there are quite a few on the board that do. Take your time and read all the different topics and you will learn much. Don't be afraid to ask questions, there are lots of folks who have been doing the "full time" lifestyle for many years and are very willing to share their vast knowledge! Good luck!

Welcome, enjoy!

Happy Trails,

Jim & Ginger/Nomad Hikers

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Retirement 12/2016

Full-time 04/2017

VanLeigh Vilano/Ford F350

Blog site - https://www.trailer2trail.com/

Facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=trailer2trail

Make sure to read the blogs of those who post regularly on this and other forums. You will find a wealth of information and will be surprised at all of the different ways people fulltime, where they go, how they handle different situations, and give you new ideas of places to see and things to do. Most have a link in their signature line.

Barb

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

Archived