Jury Duty

Walkers

Call the court and talk to them. My wife did and explained the situation and they told her not to

worry, she was excused. Greg

Same thing here. They asked when we planned to return and we told them..."at this time we didn't have a return date." We didn't because we had just retired and were making this an extensive trip visiting family around the country. We're back 13 months now and still haven't been recontacted and we are leaving again in 4 months.

Mr. Camper, you might call and volunteer - we do that if we are going to be in Livingston and they always appreciate it. Of course, now that we are over 70, we are excused for that reason.

Barb

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

Sargina, if you domicile with Escapees in Livingston, just call the court number on the jury call and tell them that you are an Escapee and traveling. They will release you and ask you to volunteer the next time that you are in Livingston and plan to be there for a while.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

It really depends on your domicile. The three most popular full timer states - SD,TX, and FL - will either take you off the jury duty rolls or excuse you. SD took my wife and I off the rolls.

There have been some horror story posts about some states that are completely inflexible and issue warrants for arrest.

I would check with the court clerk in your domicile and see what the local rules/practices are.

Clay(WA5NMR), Lee(Wife), Katie & Kelli (cats)
Full timed for eleven years in our 2004 Winnebago Sightseer 35N Workhorse chassis. Snowbirds for 1 year. Now settled down in western CO.
Honda Accord toad.

For many, the biggest challenge is not ordering their mail soon enough to learn they have been called for jury duty before the court date. Different domiciles have different reactions to you neither showing up nor calling.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

We called told them we just got the notice in our forwarded mail were 2000 miles away could not be back in time.It was not a problem,

Helen and I are long timers ..08 F-350 Ford,LB,CC,6.4L,4X4, Dually,4:10 diff dragging around a 2013 Montana 3402 Big Sky

SKP 100137. North Ridgeville, Ohio in the summer, sort of and where ever it is warm in the winter.

It really depends on your domicile. The three most popular full timer states - SD,TX, and FL - will either take you off the jury duty rolls or excuse you. SD took my wife and I off the rolls.

There have been some horror story posts about some states that are completely inflexible and issue warrants for arrest.

I would check with the court clerk in your domicile and see what the local rules/practices are.

Over our 1st 7 years Ron has received 2 notices. Like you we called and were told no problem. while passing by thru 3 years ago we stopped in the appropriate office at the court house in Madison and the staff told us they would take our names off the list. Ya, no. Got my summons in the January mail and when I called I was told the form had to be filled out and returned by the end of the month. No more just call and your off the hook.

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are" Theodore Roosevelt

"We can't control the wind, but we can adjust our sail"

"When man gave up his freedom to roam the earth, he gave up his soul for a conditioned ego that is bound by time and the fear of losing its attachments."

We had our mail forwarded and received a jury notice late. Called no problem. Then I received a jury notice for Federal District Court. For Colorado it is handled out of Denver which is 250 miles from our home. We were out of state again. They would not accept phone calls. Everything must be in writing. I checked residing in another state and included an explanation. They only provide a check one type of answer. I received a threatening letter followed by a letter excusing me.

Randy

2001 Volvo VNL 42 Cummins ISX Autoshift

We have our residence in Austin. They allowed a significant delay in reporting. Online we were able to postpone the appearance to a date when we would be back in the state.

Susan & Trey Selman | email | HDT: '01 770 VED12 | 5er: '02 40' Travel Supreme RLTSOA | '16 Piaggio MP3 500 | '15 Smart Cabrio | Personal Blog | HHRV Resource Guide | HHRV Campgrounds | Recreation Vehicle Safety & Education Foundation |

Thanks for bringing this subject up, it is one I have never thought of, even though I have Jury Duty the 20th of this month. As a retired LEO, they usually don't call me, but I have to be available just in case. Thanks again....

Jeff and Diane

HouselessNotHomeless

I support the "Thin Blue Line"

Archived