Has anyone upgraded to Android Nougat or using it?

Chalkie

My phone provider just sent out a push over the weekend to upgrade my S7 to Nougat. I was a little hesitant but after I did some research went ahead with the upgrade. I can tell you I am glad I did.

I have not fully explored all the new features but I can tell you already that there are 2 that I love. First, is the changes made to extend the battery life. My phone, and using it like I always do, has not been on the charger since Saturday morning when the update was running. This morning more than 48 hours later it still showing a 77% charge.

The next feature I like, which should make folks worried about data usage very happy, is the Data Saver feature. It tells you how much data you have used and if you turn the feature on will kill all background apps the use data to save you usage.

The look and feel of some things is a little different but so far I am liking it.

Here is a link to some of the features: https://www.cnet.com/pictures/android-7-0-nougat-features-you-need-to-know/2/

SignatureNewest.jpg.a1bc8322b0862056fd28e25d5b1458db.jpg

T-Mobile pushed Nougat to my S7 Edge, but Verizon still has yet to release it for my VZ S7 Edge. I like it so far, I noticed the battery enhancement (seems they lower screen rez and a few other things using their battery enhancer mode). Good to know about the data saver feature though with Unlimited plans now, I'm spending less time keeping track of on phone usage. Best thing I did was backup to my computer, wipe the phone and then installed the update, and then reloaded the backup. Things are much snappier now.

I have it on my Nexus 5x and love it. I had read the Nexus 6 was supposed to get it, but mine still hasn't. I might need to look into that. There are a few nice things I really like in Nougat. You can get to the battery saver option right from the battery icon on the drop down menu which is nice.

Dan (Class of 2017) - 2012 Ram 3500 & 2005 Alpenlite Valhalla 29RK
Contact me at rvsolarconsulting.com or Two Wheel Ramblin

Been running on my Nexus 6P, my wife's Moto X Pure 2015 and my LG 8" tablet that is on AT&T. Working quite well on all of them.

2004 40' Newmar Dutch Star DP towing an AWD 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid, Fulltimer July 2003 to October 2018, Parttimer now.
Travels through much of 2013 - http://www.sacnoth.com - Bill, Diane and Evita (the cat)

I'm on Verizon and have been running Nougat on my Nexus 6P for several months.

The Nexus 6p like other Nexus devices and the latest Pixel devices are pure Google Adroid phones. They have zero carrier bloatware and are unlocked for any carrier and Google sends the updates, not the carrier. Pure Google phones also get monthly security updates that carrier phones don't. On the other hand Samsung phones like the S7 that were carrier specific depend on the carrier on when the updates come. At some point these phones get left behind and get no more updates once the carriers determine it's not worth their time/effort.

Dan (Class of 2017) - 2012 Ram 3500 & 2005 Alpenlite Valhalla 29RK
Contact me at rvsolarconsulting.com or Two Wheel Ramblin

I'm on Verizon and have been running Nougat on my Nexus 6P for several months.

Must depend on the phone you have, then. I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and just received an update this past Saturday. Just a regular update, not Nougat.

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul

Depends on carrier I think. My T-Mobile S7 Edge has it now, but still waiting for it on my VZ S7 Edge.

Must depend on the phone you have, then. I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and just received an update this past Saturday. Just a regular update, not Nougat.

Archived