Long term in Raleigh Durham area - any suggestions?

cnaff

Hi hi! We're going to try some full timing for a bit as I start a new business. Our rig does not have a shower, so a park with a shower is necessary. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. We're in the area this coming week to check out parks before we head up mid-March.

Thank you!!!

Very sparse choices in the RDU area. I don't know where you will need to be close to but Raleigh is not RV friendly at all.

Most convenient is the State Fairgrounds. They have a newer area over behind the horse facilities that has FHU and several folks I know have stayed there and been satisfied but it is closed during the state fair.

There is a park on the west side of Chapel hill that is more long term and hidden back under the trees. Might be tough for bigger rigs.

There is also a couple of parks near Jordan lake (Cotton RV park and Dickens RV park). One is just off of US 1 west of Apex.

To the north of RDU are a couple of state CGs Rolling View and Holly Point North of highway 98. Water and elec only. Showers and dump station are available but these guys lock their gates at dusk and limited to 2 weeks max.

South side of Garner on highway 70 are a couple. One was a Mobile home park (70 Park) but now takes RVs, too. The other is in Clayton, a little farther south on 70. Smithfield has a couple or 3 decent RV parks. best one is on the south side along i-95. 2 of them there. The better one is a few blocks farther from the interstate on 701 east. We have stayed there for several months at a time. This area is about 60 miles from RDU.

Not much else in the area. There is Lake Royal, which is a gated community with properties owned by individuals. Might be some of those lots being rented to the public but it is over in Bunn which is nearer Wake Forest (east side) than Raleigh.

There are a few Mobile home parks in the Garner area. They used to accept RVs but the electric company stopped allowing RV connections. AllStar mobile homes was about the best of these.

You can do a search on Google Maps for RV Parks near Raleigh, NC and they should show up when you zoom in enough.

RVBuddys Journal Our progress into full-timing.
Budd & Merrily ===-> SKP# 088936 Other Websites:---> Hub of all my blogs
Clifford - 2000 VNL64T770 :: DakotR - 1999 C40KS King of the Road :: $PRITE - 2013 Smart Passion w/cruise

• 4 weeks later...

Archived