How do you wash your RV?

Jmcgsd

For many years now, we've used the waterless wash, Bullet ( http://www.bulletpolish.com/default.asp ).

On occasion, we paid a mobile RV wash to wash a fifth wheel we owned. On a couple of other occasions, we've used a truck wash...one that doesn't use a high-pressure spray, such as Little Sisters in Eloy, AZ ( http://www.littlesisterstruckwash.com/ ).

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul

We carry a 8' step ladder and just use a pail with car soap. It's a good idea to check with the campground to make sure that washing is allowed. Another trick is to use a 50' pocket hose hooked up to our outside camper faucet which will reach all around the camper (this will easily store in the water hook up compartment) . Also, if washing is not allowed in the camp ground, on a heavy dew morning, you can just wipe off the rig to get the light dirt off. Just be flexible and wash when you can, it shouldn't be a priority part of camping.

Greg

We call Kevin the Rv wash guy here in Florida and he and his crew does a great job.

Helen and I are long timers ..08 F-350 Ford,LB,CC,6.4L,4X4, Dually,4:10 diff dragging around a 2013 Montana 3402 Big Sky

SKP 100137. North Ridgeville, Ohio in the summer, sort of and where ever it is warm in the winter.

We have used Wash Wax All since the 5'r was new. After 5 years it still looks new. It was invented for airplanes. The initial investment is about $230 for the kit but is well worth it. It comes with everything you need, pole, microfiber pads & cloths, etc. We have no connection to the company or product, just really like the product. No ladders needed. Even at parks where you can't wash your rv, they have let me use the Wash Wax All. Hubby uses Murphy's Oil Soap on the roof

Jan & Thomas

2012 Drv Mobile Suite 5'r

2012 Ford F350 Super Duty

We wash it with a bucket and hose. Many smaller campgrounds with well water will allow it, forestry parks, corp of engineer parks , city and county parks. You do need to check their list of rules, but there are many campgrounds that will allow it. Just depends on what type of campground you go to. Resorts - not many unless they allow it with a charge for the water.

Pat DeJong

• 2 weeks later...

I've used (The Solution) http://www.thervsolution.com/products/solution.html on both my trailers. It was easy and did an excellent job. I then followed with McGuires and Protectall as needed. I use Protectall on my shower walls, sink, toilet too, and almost any hard surface and it keeps it clean as a whistle.

We have memories so that we might have roses in December.

http://travelswithmrnimble.blogspot.com/

We generally like Blue Beacon and get the MH and car washed+Rainx on everything-$67(MH is 36'). They do a good job and are pretty fast, if you need something special washed just point it out to them. The only thing is that once you are in line you are in line. Bring a book. Most have double bays so it goes pretty fast. On Thursday, at around 10:30-11:30 we pulled into one and no wait, first time ever.

I had our new fiver in the shop for a few warranty repairs a number of years ago and my better half

decided that I was to old to be going up and down ladders to wash and wax it. She called and the dealer told

her it would be $420 plus tax to wash and wax my 38 footer. She decided that I was not to old to do it myself!

12 hours ago, whj469 said:

I had our new fiver in the shop for a few warranty repairs a number of years ago and my better half

decided that I was to old to be going up and down ladders to wash and wax it. She called and the dealer told

her it would be $420 plus tax to wash and wax my 38 footer. She decided that I was not to old to do it myself!

LOL!  

Happy Trails,

Jim & Ginger/Nomad Hikers

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Retirement 12/2016

Full-time 04/2017

VanLeigh Vilano/Ford F350

Blog site - https://www.trailer2trail.com/

Facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=trailer2trail

• 2 weeks later...

I try to use Blue Beacon, but I have a long-handled car wash brush if I need it and a collapsible bucket.  The other day, I washed it myself after asking if the state park allowed it.  I was very surprised when they said there was no rule against it, just be neat and not make a mess.  Since I am a very short, older woman it is not an easy job, and my shoulders and arms were really sore the next day. 

• 1 month later...

For the most part, I use multiple damp/wet rags to wipe both the truck and trailer.  Most road crud is reachable when I'm standing on the ground...above that is generally not too bad.

The truck gets the same except for the front that gets hit with Bug Be Gone, then wiped as is as high as I can reach on the front of the trailer while standing on the truck deck.

It is getting harder and harder finding any park that will let you wash the rig.  Some that used to charge a $10 or so fee to let you wash have stopped that practice.  A few have a deal set up with a local that comes in with his water in a tank and pressure wash the RV.  Talked to one and he had to pay a kick back to the park.

Problem is I do not use any pressure washer on my rig and no one else is allowed to as well.

It has been 6 months since a scrubbing and it is looking dirty.  The Dri-wash only works so good and then it needs a scrubbing and wax.

Amateur radio operator, 2023 Cougar 22MLS, 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 Off Road, Sport trim <br />Travel with 1 miniature schnauzer, 1 standard schnauzer and one African Gray parrot

Archived