Mor-Ride suspension - shocks - brake pads

alan0043

Hi Everyone,

It is time to start to thing about doing some maintenance to the trailer. I am in the planning stage. I have a 2007 New Horizon trailer with Mor-Ride suspension with disc brakes. The wheel bearings need to be inspected and repacked. The calipers need to be removed before the rotors can be pulled off. But before you pull off the calipers the shocks need to be removed. There is a bolt on the calipers that is hidden my the shocks. If I am going to remove the shocks to get to the bolt on the calipers why not replace the shocks. I believe the shocks are original to the trailer. Where does someone find the part number for the shocks ? Are all shocks that are used on Mor-Ride suspension the same part number. I would like to have the replacement before I start any work. I should thing about replacing the brake pads also. Does anyone know what the part number for the brake pads are ?

Thank you for any help,

Al

2012 Volvo VNL 630 w/ I-Shift; D13 engine; " Veeger "
  Redwood, model 3401R ; 5th Wheel Trailer, " Dead Wood "
    2006 Smart Car " Killer Frog "

Another approach is to remove one shock which would allow you to test it's wear by pumping it up and down. If you determine the shock is worn, then take it to a parts store (NAPA) and let them cross reference the shock to give you options as to which quality/price you want for the replacement shocks.

Greg

I had to replace one shock and found It is a special Monroe shock for MoRyde. I then found the shock number on the MoRyde website and ordered from MoRyde.

I removed the shock easily but had to remove the associated wheel to install the new. But with your work the wheel be off.

I think my shock was around $46 . My replacement was due later rock hitting the shook and bending the shock.

Clay

Clay & Marcie Too old to play in the snow

Diesel pusher and previously 2 FW and small Class C

Hi Everybody,

The following information is what I received from Mor-Ryde. The price for the shocks did not seem bad. But the price for the brake pads was not what I was expecting. There must be some gold in the brake pads for that price. The total cost for brake pads is $800. There is some thing really not right here. Why so much money for brake pads. Any ideas about where to find a better price on the pads.

"The parts and prices are listed below. We can perform this work at our shop. If you
need an appointment, please let me know.

Shocks - UO109-030 - $46.09

Brake Pad Set - $199.99

Let me know if you need anything else."

Still open for more ideas,

Al

• 2 weeks later...

Our disc brakes are Kodiak installed by Mor-ryde. The pads are available from Kodiak for much less than $200. Maybe yours are different? I have found Mor-ryde to be very honest and easy to work with so maybe they used a different and more expensive brand on yours but $200 for a set of pads seems excessive.

I've bought ceramic brake pads at Etrailer.com for less than $40 per axle and I have 8K axles on my camper. Check out this page: http://www.etrailer.com/dept-pg-Accessories_and_Parts-pt-Disc_Brakes-co-8000_lbs.aspx

These pads are also available at local auto parts stores. Same as early '90's GM cars.

From the Kodiak manual:

The Kodiak caliper uses GM replacement friction pads which should be available at your local auto parts store. Specify pad #D-289 organic for Model #225 (same pads used for 1980-1990 Buick Skylark-front) and #MD-215 semi-metallic for Model #250 (same pads used for1983-1995 Buick Century H/D-front).

2013 DRV Mobile Suites 38TKSB3 w/ Hydra Lift motorcycle lift, MorRyde IS suspension, MorRyde hitch pin

2013 Ford F450 w/ Trailer Saver air hitch

2011 BMW R1200RT motorcycle

Hi Everybody,

The following information is what I received from Mor-Ryde. The price for the shocks did not seem bad. But the price for the brake pads was not what I was expecting. There must be some gold in the brake pads for that price. The total cost for brake pads is $800. There is some thing really not right here. Why so much money for brake pads. Any ideas about where to find a better price on the pads.

"The parts and prices are listed below. We can perform this work at our shop. If you

need an appointment, please let me know.

Shocks - UO109-030 - $46.09

Brake Pad Set - $199.99

Let me know if you need anything else."

Still open for more ideas,

Al

You quote the brake pads as $800 for four wheels I assume? A brake pad set is for two wheels since if you replace one side the other side always gets replaced at the same time. In this case I think they are charging you $400 for the pads. Still very expensive but not as much as you wrote.

2013 DRV Mobile Suites 38TKSB3 w/ Hydra Lift motorcycle lift, MorRyde IS suspension, MorRyde hitch pin

2013 Ford F450 w/ Trailer Saver air hitch

2011 BMW R1200RT motorcycle

Which brakes do you have. I have Kodiak and purchased ceramic pads at oreilly auto parts. Lifetime warranty. If you have dexter they are expensive and not widely available. That is why I went with Kodachrome calipers.

Ron C.

2013 Dynamax Trilogy 3850 D3

2000 Kenworth T2000 Optimus Prime

Which brakes do you have. I have Kodiak and purchased ceramic pads at oreilly auto parts. Lifetime warranty. If you have dexter they are expensive and not widely available. That is why I went with Kodachrome calipers.

Ron,

I do not know what brakes that I have. I did to tear into it yet. I hope there is a name on the calipers.

SPII,

Thank you for looking up info in the Kodiak manual. I hope that I have Kodiak calipers from what I have read.

Al

Dexter brakes are double sided pistons. You can look under to see that.

Kodiak are one sided like std automotive.

Dexter are a lot more $. But can last longer. The cost of Kodiak might offset the longevity.

I used an online store to buy pad sets and calipers and new hoses. Good idea to replace hoses. Not too much $.

http://www.dexterpartsonline.com/page/398413422

Was free shipping too.

Bill and Joan and 3 Collie pups

2001 Volvo VNL 770 "The Doghouse" Singled short, "ET" hItch VED12 465HP Gen 1 Autoshift 3.58 ratio  2005 Mobile Suite 38RL3  2011 Smart Passion loaded piggybacK

Weigh-It Portable RV Scales http://www.weighitrv.com/

Archived