Microsoft to delay its February patches to March 14

RV_

If you are like me you expected MS patches last Tuesday and they never came. Here is the latest:

Excerpt:

"Microsoft's February Patch Tuesday patches are not going to arrive until Tuesday March 14, officials confirm, while providing no reasons for the delay.

In what's seemingly an unprecedented event, Microsoft is withholding its regularly scheduled Patch Tuesday updates and patches for a month.

On February 15, the day after Microsoft's regular Patch Tuesday was scheduled, officials said its previously slated February patches would not arrive until Tuesday, March 14.

Microsoft officials said very little yesterday about the reasons the company didn't deliver its Patch Tuesday patches on the second Tuesday of the month, as has been the case for the last several years.

In an update to yesterday's blog post announcing the delay, Microsoft officials also didn't shed any new light on the reasons for the delay.

My sources told me yesterday that Microsoft was having problems with its patch build system, and that those problems resulted in the company's failure to deliver its regular Patch Tuesday patches.

Today's blog post update to yesterday's post noting that Patch Tuesday's patches were not going to happen as scheduled:

"We will deliver updates as part of the planned March Update Tuesday, March 14, 2017.

"Our top priority is to provide the best possible experience for customers in maintaining and protecting their systems. This month, we discovered a last minute issue that could impact some customers and was not resolved in time for our planned updates today.

"After considering all options, we made the decision to delay this month's updates. We apologize for any inconvenience caused by this change to the existing plan."

I asked officials tonight for more information about the reasons for the delay and was told the company had no comment beyond what's in the statement above.

Many were expecting Microsoft to provide a remedy for the unpatched Windows SMB bug which has public exploit code in the February bunch of updates.

Microsoft also was slated to commence delivery of IE Security-Only updates separately from its Windows 7/8.1 Cumulative Update patches as of February 2017 Patch Tuesday."

That and all the hotlinks to research the topic can be found in the original article by the Windows insider writer Mary Jo Foley here:

http://www.zdnet.com/article/microsoft-to-delay-its-february-patches-to-march-14/?loc=newsletter_large_thumb_featured&ftag=TRE17cfd61&bhid=19724681974700635514865380622813

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

Actually Great, I am so tired of the download, install time it takes to get them now, I believe it to be about an hour and a half total using WIFI or a HotSpot device as I have no good home service providers in my area without paying a large installation fee!

:) Living Life One Day At A Time!

Pierre,

Yeah that would suck. Look on the bright side, in 1999 on toll free dialups, it took a half hour at 40-24 kb, not Mb a second, for a few emails and a picture in one of them. And that was with people giving me the hairy eyeball waiting in line.

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

Dennis,

I am fine all in all, thanks forsaking. How are you doing?

My doc played laser space invaders in my eyes again today, again rapidly lasing those alien "floated" into vitreous humor oblivion! I am amazed that it doesn't hurt during or after. He is getting all the other things out so my vision is clear again. Then he is going to try several different contacts on both and replace one, if not both lenses again. This all to get my excellent near vision back. However, my distance vision in both eyes, as well as the clarity now, of colors and details. If It never got better than now, I'd be no worse off than before except the opposite as I was nearsighted.

He fixed the astigmatism in my left eye, and this is the first time in 40 years that, without glasses, I can drive and see everything great! I bought my first pairs of sunglasses with no prescription in them since I was 25! I've just got to be a patient patient.

My cervical was healed from the moment I walked from the recovery room bed. My lumbar is another thing entirely. But I'm in hydro therapy with the physical terrorists. They have a pool that is about12'X12' and is heated nicely warm. The floor is an elevator with holes to drain, and it has bars to hold. Then the floor turns out to be a giant treadmill. I let go and get some upper body by swinging them in the chest deep water while treading on the treadmill.

I can shop and walk but remember I am only three months out and I flew home two days after the lumbar surgery. Within a week I was driving. And no pain until recently. So we'll see. I did nothing that hurt it. It is great that we don't have to succumb and be crippled, there are choices.

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

Actually Great, I am so tired of the download, install time it takes to get them now, I believe it to be about an hour and a half total using WIFI or a HotSpot device as I have no good home service providers in my area without paying a large installation fee!

Can't figure out why people are still using Microsoft products.

Retired USN Engineer

2020 Ram 2500 Bighorn 6.7 Diesel

2014 Crossroads Zinger 27RL (Traded)

2022 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS

Can't figure out why people are still using Microsoft produ

:D Different Strokes for Different Folks :blink: Tried Ubuntu, don't care for it! Use Opera for my browser! Have an old Mac Air for a trial run, but the latest are too expensive for my tastes! :ph34r:

:) Living Life One Day At A Time!

MarkandKim,

Why not start a thread in this forum with news about your OS whatever it may be. I have no problem with your being off my topic as OP since it was dead already when Dennis asked after my health.

So please do press on and give us a good post telling us what we should switch to and why. I can tell you I have tried Linux, both Debian Raspberry on the Pi and am about to try it on a very old XP system I was given from someone who asked me to dispose of it because they did not know how to do a clean of the drive. They really just wanted to let me carry it to the trash! LOL!

I also used The Macintosh in 1985/6 with SIU's Industrial Technology BS.

Before that I was big into MSDOS alternatives like Geoworks for PCs, DR DOS up to version 6, and bought my own PC in 1983/4 I forget along with my Commodore 64s and 128 systems.

The US Air Force decided we would use MS products starting with Windows for Workgroups 3.1, and then right after that Windows 95.

So feel free to post reasons why your choice is best, I have no issue with you posting a different topic here.

Convince me. ;)

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

NO Dennis!

You did not. I also will change subjects sometimes when a thread is dead and had not had any posts for a few days like this one. You and others here are welcome in my threads anytime.

Anytime my fellow MSgt retired! :D

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

Archived