Tucson Coach Sources?

Schake

This newbie and wife plan to retire shortly, and after ~2 years of window shopping, reading, and learning, I feel ready to take the plunge & buy my first-ever RV. My goal is a high-quality and well-maintained diesel pusher with tag axle that will allow us to comfortably & reliably travel the continent full-time.

Given that I plan to attend the Boot camp in Tucson next month and will be staying in Tucson through Monday, it seems a great opportunity to look for the coach we're seeking.

I have narrowed the search to American Coach, Beaver, Country Coach, and Foretravel coaches, and would value your suggestions on where/how to look for them in the Tucson area.

Can you suggest any trustworthy dealers, and identify those dealers which are best avoided?

Do Escapee owners with coaches for sale typically come to a Boot Camp? To a Rally?

Thanks for your feedback

Schake

Wannabe #133053

Probably the two biggest RV dealers in Tucson are La Mesa and Lazy Days, both at approximately Irvington and Country Club. I don't know if either carries the brands you're looking for, however.

We bought the rig in my signature at La Mesa's Tucson center and had a good experience. I've also heard good things about Lazy Days, although no personal experience with them.

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul

Depending on the year you are searching for I would recommend that you add pre 2006 Upper level Monaco to your list. We own a 2000 Dynasty and it's wonderful.

We bought ours at Pedata. This was 3 years ago and at that time we had a great experience. Our experience at La Mesa and Lazy Days was less than stellar. We were very specific about what we were looking for and at both places. They drove us around the lot showing us everything but what we asked for. At Lazy Days we literally had to get out of the gulf cart and walk back to our car because the salesman kept saying " well I have another one let's go look".

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are" Theodore Roosevelt

"We can't control the wind, but we can adjust our sail"

"When man gave up his freedom to roam the earth, he gave up his soul for a conditioned ego that is bound by time and the fear of losing its attachments."

nana25k: I think La Mesa has a policy to not sell used RVs more than 10 years old. They will take such an RV in trade-in, but they pass it on to another reseller to sell.

2004 40' Newmar Dutch Star DP towing an AWD 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid, Fulltimer July 2003 to October 2018, Parttimer now.
Travels through much of 2013 - http://www.sacnoth.com - Bill, Diane and Evita (the cat)

I don't think it is very far up to Mesa and I was up there on some main street going east and there were quite number of dealers including Camping world and some others that seem to be busy dealers. I know one was running a sail on Artic Fox trailers and 5thW. It might have been east Main St. or Broadway.

A check of Lazy Days and La Mesa found some very negative experiences of buyers after their purchases.

Both of those are very large dealerships and so they have many customers, some happy and others not so much. After more than 30 years in customer service, I can tell you that far greater share of the unhappy customers tell others than do the happy ones. While reviews do have some credibility, don't put too much faith in them but always use caution when dealing with any sales person. Sales forces are nearly always paid on a commission basis and that is done to reward them for selling, and not to particularly encourage honesty in business. I worked with a lot of sales people over the years and it taught me that those who will never take advantage of an unwary customer are extremely rare.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

• 3 years later...
3 hours ago, Schake said:

Thanks for the comments, everyone. As of June 2020, we are owners of a 2005  Country Coach!
Drove it, pulling our Wrangler toad, cross country on my maiden voyage. Lots to learn!

Thanks for returning.  Wish more folks would do so.

You chose a good coach!  Where did you end up buying it from?  Good travels ahead!

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel