What have you done to your MH today?

Bruce H

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Sugord said:

Nice to  know I'm not the only one putting perfume on a pig,I just bought a 07 Jeep Grand  Cherokee to pull behind our 01 Holiday Rambler Endevor. We just got back from a 4500+ mile 29 day trip without a tow,Never again.Too many places we did not get to see because MH just too big to get around in some areas.

Ha . When that pig is your home , you generally want it to smell nice . ;)

We've been shopping for a different 'daily driver' . Our current is a '95 Jeep Cherokee Country . It looks pretty good in and out , just don't look underneath . It spent it's first 17 years running the salt roads of Michigan , with very few undercarriage washes .  Too bad it's rusting away , because it runs fine .

Goes around , comes around .

On July 20, 2017 at 9:45 AM, Sugord said:

Getting the last things loaded,Checking oil, tire pressures,rad.fluid level, leveling jack fluid level,and I see the Wiper blades need to be replaced. Glad I noticed that the end of copilots blade has started to pull loose. I have Rain-X, but sure is a big area to put on. I know it's worth it so guess I'll do that while changing wiper blades.Better get busy, Gonna be a hot one in Okla today.

Rain-X works a lot better on my cars and truck than it does on my pusher. That windshield is very vertical. Water just screams off the windshields of my Elise and my Fusion. The Stag and the Suburban less so, but far better than the motorhome. 

pethier, interested in toyhaulers for 13-foot car

Labor day weekend. Saturday, shampooed the carpets, washed all windows in & out. Any sugestions for getting wine stains out of carpet.Sunday, raining all day. Cleaned the house top to bottom. Labor day, will wash the MH and then go to family picnic. 

5 hours ago, Bruce H said:

Labor day weekend. Saturday, shampooed the carpets, washed all windows in & out. Any sugestions for getting wine stains out of carpet.Sunday, raining all day. Cleaned the house top to bottom. Labor day, will wash the MH and then go to family picnic. 

New carpet . ;)

Or , simply buy a bunch of cheap wine and stain the rest of the carpet to match . :D

Got tired of looking at the entry door exterior 'handle' being half worn to metal .

It has always had a very thin spot toward the top and over the years has gone to pure cast aluminum in places .

Three screws undone and it was in hand . 

I did a quick clean up and a bit of sanding , before applying Satin Black Rust-Oleum . 

Let the paint dry and installed our brand new 'looking' handle . 

Had friends drop by and ask what I did with the old one . ;)

On 9/3/2017 at 4:29 PM, Bruce H said:

Any sugestions for getting wine stains out of carpet.

RIp out the carpets.  Put in waterproof laminate.  That's what I'm going to do with the carpet on the main level of the Damon pusher after I cut out some of the carpet after some of it got watersoaked.

2 hours ago, pethier said:

RIp out the carpets.  Put in waterproof laminate.  That's what I'm going to do with the carpet on the main level of the Damon pusher after I cut out some of the carpet after some of it got watersoaked.

That's exactly what our neighbor is in the middle of doing . He chose a light nondescript pattern which goes nicely with his wood work . The new flooring even has a bit of cush to it .

Sea Level II install. Reinstalled our Road King shocks on the steers, after a 1700 mile test of the Koni EVO-99's. (EVO-99's are a big improvement over FSD's and even Adjustable SP3's, but probably somewhere between 85-90% as good as our older 2 1/2" diameter generation Road King's. Thus the reason for putting them back on, and I'll sell the lightly used EVO-99's.) Replaced restroom Fantastic Fan with Max Air Fan. (Fantastic Fan works fine, but with a cover on it, it was in position to shade one of our Solar Panels. The Max Air all in one fan and cover, does not shade when the fan is in the closed position. Thus the reason for that change. A bonus, is it is reversible, so we can get cool air blowing into the coach at night. We did leave our kitchen Fantastic Fan with Cover in place.) Ran CAT6 from Communication's Cabinet in rear bedroom, to front of cabs entertainment cabinet. Replaced aged and ripped door entry seal, with new one. 

Wallet lighter, and will take a break until it somehow replenishes...

Best to all,

Smitty

Be safe, have fun,

Smitty

04 CC Allure "RooII" - Our "E" ride for life!

Today?  Put in stainless-braid-covered extensions on the duals. The brackets are designed to be held on by the lug nuts. I'm holding them on with the nuts that hold on the chrome wheel covers. These stack over the lug nuts.

Two issues:

The brackets are made to fit over studs smaller than mine. I don't have a 1-1/8" drill, but I have a big fat-tail file and a serious bench vise.  

The wheel-cover nuts don't engage with a lot of threads and another layer of steel does not help.  There are square extensions on the studs, so I may try drilling them for safety pins.

Almost have MH cleaned up after our 29 day jaunt around the western country side.I think we hit 13 states. had a great time. saw some really beautiful country,And got to spend quality time with My sweet bride of 37 years. A real plus to me was no TV. Wife didn't like it much at first but after a few days she didn't mind at all. We drove a lot of miles and no probs with rig. Just tried to keep an eye on everything. Have a short list of things to ck before taking off every day and at every fuel stop. Can't wait to get back out again.

On 9/3/2017 at 5:29 PM, Bruce H said:

A company makes a specific red wine stain remover, can't remember its name now_. Getting old is inconvenient. Find it here: https://duckduckgo.com/?q=red+wine+stain+remover&t=ffsb&ia=products

Sorry for the mixed text, can't correct it.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

Saturday I cleaned the carpeting with Woolite carpet cleaner, just have lots of clean white cloths/towels on hand. What appealed about Woolite was, once you wipe the carpet up with a towel, the carpet is nearly dry leave it alone for an hour and it is dry.

Today I used Armor-All Outlast leather restorer on all the leather in the MH. It's a 1-step process, for me it resulted in clean and supple off-white leather sofas and captains chairs again; but the biggest gain was the smile on DW's face.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

Hung some new cabinet doors. I wanted more door space and less blind space. Put two bigger doors on a cabinet that had two smaller ones. One of the takeoffs has already become the third door on a cabinet that had two. Tossed out a lot of blank panel space. 

On 9/12/2017 at 3:04 PM, pethier said:

Hung some new cabinet doors. I wanted more door space and less blind space. Put two bigger doors on a cabinet that had two smaller ones. One of the takeoffs has already become the third door on a cabinet that had two. Tossed out a lot of blank panel space. 

You might now need some cargo nets to keep things in those cupboards from pushing the doors open. That happened to me once. What a mess!

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

56 minutes ago, sandsys said:

You might now need some cargo nets to keep things in those cupboards from pushing the doors open. That happened to me once. What a mess!

Linda Sand

He might just need some of these :

m_3qjtmaqO5b6w-zxuzjOJA.jpg

http://www.ebay.com/bhp/rv-cabinet-latch

We have them on all cabinet doors and drawers . Very secure when traveling . Never a mess unless we leave a coffee butler unsecured on the counter :o . 

• 2 weeks later...

Changed oil,filter,and air filter on generator then hooked up tow and went to Waurika lake for 2 weeks. now time for engine oil change. Sitting out under the awing enjoying a cool drink with my beautiful Bride of 37 yrs enjoying the cool day at the lake.when the spring in the awning broke, Boy that will scare the begollys out of a person.So now have to change out the spring.

2 hours ago, Sugord said:

Changed oil,filter,and air filter on generator then hooked up tow and went to Waurika lake for 2 weeks. now time for engine oil change. Sitting out under the awing enjoying a cool drink with my beautiful Bride of 37 yrs enjoying the cool day at the lake.when the spring in the awning broke, Boy that will scare the begollys out of a person.So now have to change out the spring.

Had that happen a few years ago . Thought maybe some got shot ....

Anyway , if it was one of the main awning springs , consider changing them both . Just follow the instructions for installation and you should be good . 

As what we are currently doing : DW ;) is waxing ... and I've done a few touch ups with paint and replaced a few sections of caulk along some side seams . 

On 10/7/2017 at 7:56 PM, Pat & Pete said:

We removed the two halves of our 18' patio awning this afternoon , right after the last heavy wind gust of the day let us know that the 18 year old stitching was no good anymore .

Guess I have some sewing to do . 

It just started sprinkling as I finished re-installing our patio awning  . It's back in full service .

I stripped it of old stitching and resowed with UV resistant upholstery thread .

I used a few hundred yards of thread ( some double stitched ) . 

Big , tedious job done .

5 minutes ago, Pat & Pete said:

It just started sprinkling as I finished re-installing our patio awning  . It's back in full service .

I stripped it of old stitching and resowed with UV resistant upholstery thread .

I used a few hundred yards of thread ( some double stitched ) . 

Big , tedious job done .

Good for you! Wish we all had your capabilities.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Archived