What have you done to your MH today?

Bruce H

Living in Ct, we got hammered with a foot or more of snow. So up on the roof sweeping all that snow off, ready for round 2 tomorrow.

Then fired up the generator with a load on it for about a hour. Checked the battery fluid levels.

Fired up the propane furnace. Kicked back and relaxed and read my latest copy of MotorHome mag.

Not a bad day.?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I worked on replacing a vacuum breaker on my black water clean out water circuit. What a pain in the arse. I also adjusted our bedroom sliding doors so that they are no longer tight at the top and have a 1 /12" void at the bottom. I replaced the windshield wiper blades and the driver side sprayer nozzle on the windshield wiper. I also permanently installed a water pressure regulator in my wet bay.

You can see some of the repairs and mods as well as my musings on our blog: wanderingtootsies.blogspot.com (link below).

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday I removed the ornate and rather restricting window valances from our Newmar Northern Star and then replaced the tail light bulbs on the coaches to LED. Talk about night and day difference.

I also ordered a new Progressive Industries hardwired surge protector. It should be here Monday (tomorrow) and I will get it wired up. After that we are free to camp.

Just when I thought winter was gone, Saturday the temp never got out of the teens. Far cry from the 70's last saturday. So I went to Campers Inn today and bought all the replacement LED lights for the interior of the MH. What a difference.

Made an appt. to buy new shoes for the old bus. -_-

Had to cancel tires; DW had back surgery that is slow healing. Surgeon said she can travel by Aug. No logic to buying tires yet.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

• 3 months later...

Picked up our new to us motorhome today. 2001 Holiday Rambler Endevor 36' and am posting here first time. We have been pulling a Avion 5th wheel with 05 Chev 3/4 ton 4x4. Wow what a big change. Just have to get rid of old rig now. I am spending a lot of time on here gathering all the good advise I can. Thanks to all. I know I am going to need it.

TYVM , Going to spend day cleaning(we bought from private owner) and emptying 5th wheel and moving into our new to us home.Can't wait to get it on the road. Also have a few things to repair,but that said, It is all in all in very good shape.I have to get everything moved before the neighbors decide I have opened an RV Park. Going to put 5th wheel on a car/truck/RV lot here in town and try to sell as a unit.Everyone wish me luck. Later, have got to go start moving. Also thanks to my daughters friend in Dallas for pointing me to Escapees Site. I know I will need some help in our move to the open road. Hope to be full time within a year.

Getting things ready for our !st trip.It is a short one. Going to Waurika Lake for a few days,only about 40 miles from home.Sort of a shake down cruise to learn about do's and don'ts. won't be too far from home if I mess something up.Also will have family around for holidays (4th of July) so will have help if we need it.Wish me luck.

• 3 weeks later...

Shakedown cruise to the lake turned up some issues that the seller failed to mention. most were not too big a deal,but one,a floor prob in toilet area had to be resolved before we take off on our first real trip.Everything else went really well. Two Okla.thunderstorms with 80MPH winds pretty well put everything else to the test.Have the floor prob. almost taken care of, a few more hrs will solve those issues.I think we are going to LOVE this RV.Even in the really high winds it was really stable very little movement at all.Campground elect.went off because of elect poles blown down but I just fired up Gen. and went back to sleep.Gonna like this Holiday Rambler Endevor.

18 hours ago, Sugord said:

Gonna like this Holiday Rambler Endevor.

Excellent news! Being willing to repair rather than complain makes it likely you will enjoy this life for a long time to come.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Thanks for the encouragement Linda. Doing my own repairs is the only way we will be able to afford to try this lifestyle. I have almost completed this job Floor replacement in toilet area.Whoever did the last repair only cobbled things up.So had to go a lot deeper into things than I should have.They jury rigged a water line that has been leaking for a while unnoticed or ignored.but I am almost finished and then it is get on the road time. had to delay our trip for a few days but I am so glad we decided to spend our first time out in RV close to home..All in all this seems to be a pretty solid rig.All the other problems seem to be cosmetic.We are really looking forward to joining the rest of the community on the road. Looking forward to meeting a lot of new people.

Forgot to mention,The Avaion and 05 Chev pickup SOLD as a unit to the first couple who looked at it.I had done a lot of work on 5th wheel trailer so for a 94 model it was in really good shape.Until I found the Holiday Rambler we had no intention of ever selling the Avaion. Took too long to find it and had to go to Calif.and pull it back to Okla.

Should finish "water closet' repairs tomorrow.Vinyl tiles on floor and wainscoating walls to repair cobbled up prev. repairs.Boy it's tough on an old guy to work on the floor in a less than 3'x3' area.It is a labor of love for me,I've been fixing things my whole life.Bicycles,motorscooters, motorcycles,cars,travel trailers,now motorhomes. I've told all my friends I can fix any thing but a broken heart and I'll work on them......Hey everyone have a wonderful day.

Finishe the floor in water closet today. So small an area and so muchto cut around,I only got to lay in 2 full 12x12" full tiles. Every one I had to cut to fit. looks great,at least my wife sez so. She is the only one I have to please anyway. Wainscoat on walls is all that is left to do.Besides cleaning up tools and the rest of const/repair mess.All in all a labor of love.....

Today I replaced the 50A Marinco inlet . Used my VOM to check integrity of the new 50A shore power cord I received today. I also affirmed tightness of all clamp screws inside the PMS box while I had it open, found 5 that tightened a bit.

By now you're asking why would I do that. Well, this is the result of driving out of my RV garage without unplugging my former 50A power cord____. Someone now has a 3 yr old Marinco 50A RV power cord(that one costs $310) they found along the highway between my house and my TV technician's store 5 miles away.

Being old and trying to rush is a bad combination.:unsure:

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

Finished repairs on "new to us Holiday Rambler"Getting ready for our first really on the road trip. I think everything is ready to go. Guess I will find out when we get on the go.I am preying I haven"t missed anything major.Wife is getting more and more into the Idea of living on the go.So many things to see and do.She has a prob. giving up 1800 plus ft. to 300' and no extra stuff in closets and garage.Wish us luck on transition.

On 7/15/2017 at 10:31 PM, Ray,IN said:

Today I replaced the 50A Marinco inlet . Used my VOM to check integrity of the new 50A shore power cord I received today. I also affirmed tightness of all clamp screws inside the PMS box while I had it open, found 5 that tightened a bit.

By now you're asking why would I do that. Well, this is the result of driving out of my RV garage without unplugging my former 50A power cord____. Someone now has a 3 yr old Marinco 50A RV power cord(that one costs $310) they found along the highway between my house and my TV technician's store 5 miles away.

Being old and trying to rush is a bad combination.:unsure:

Each by themselves aren't all that great either . ;)

Goes around , comes around .

5 hours ago, Sugord said:

Finished repairs on "new to us Holiday Rambler"Getting ready for our first really on the road trip. I think everything is ready to go. Guess I will find out when we get on the go.I am preying I haven"t missed anything major.Wife is getting more and more into the Idea of living on the go.So many things to see and do.She has a prob. giving up 1800 plus ft. to 300' and no extra stuff in closets and garage.Wish us luck on transition.

Simply explain to her that the door to endless square footage is just a few feet away and that there are more stores than anyone needs with whatever extra stuff she might desire . ;)

Goes around , comes around .

Old and not paying attention is not a good combo.ether.On our first trip to lake in "new" rig I was so proud of getting backed into site on second try, I got everything leveled up,slides out and was patting myself on the back for doing so well,I went to plug power in and found that The slide had pushed the power pedestal over about 6". Lucky no real damage to ether. Live and learn LOL. 

Archived