Sound missing on Chrome Browser

bobsea43

I have Win 7 Home Premium on my PC and I use the current edition of Chrome for my browser. Recently, it started muting any audio clip I played after playing it for a few minutes! You can see on the display sound is still playing, but there is no audio. If I put on headphones I can still hear it, but not over the speakers.

I thought I would ask here for an answer, otherwise I will have to prep it and take it to a repair shop. But maybe there is a simple fix. If I shut the computer down and restart it the audio plays but again for a minute or two then silences!

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Edit: Clarify two things

1. I am talking about audio portion of video. I don't have any audio only files to play.

2. I just tried it on IE which I don't normally use and same results. In fact it did not play at all since I have not restarted the computer. But, I can see the visual display of sound working fine!

Bob & BJ
On the road (part time) to ournextstop!
2019 Bounder 35P
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (Oscar)

Are you using external speakers or built in speaker in the computer. If you are using external speakers, I would check the speaker connection and make sure it is secure. The symptom you describe could be cause by a loose connection.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

Pieere,

On this computer F7 increases screen brightness and F8 has an antenna icon. However, I tried them both with no change in my problem. The speaker icon will give me the volume mixer when I right click and it shows the lines jumping up and down with a audio is playing but still no sound. I tried some of the controls with no change. (I had previously tried these but tried again) I alao looked at the other F buttons for one with a speaker icon - no luck.

Chad,

I am using the built in speakers. However, when i hook up a headset with USB cord the headset plays the sounds fine. Don't have a set of external speakers to see it they work.

Thanx for the suggestions!

Bob & BJ
2019 Bounder 35P

Wildmandmc,

Thanx for your input. When I right click the horn I get a dialog box that includes sound and when I select that it brings up the dialog box for speaker properties. I see no external/internal selection but I can set up and test speakers and the device manager for speakers is there too. All tests were successful and the device manager says speakers are working properly but still no sound!

As usual this AM when I started up the computer I had sound for several minutes but then the lips kept moving and the sound bar kept dancing but no sound from the speakers!!

Bob & BJ
2019 Bounder 35P

Are you sure the problem is only with Chrome? If you go to Control Panel and use the Sounds app to directly play the standard Windows sounds do they play at a normal volume? You could have a crack in a circuit board component that only acts up once the board has warmed up.

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

docj.

thanx for your input. As mentioned I have same problem with IE and since starting the thread I have opened the sound app and tried that and no sounds come out but the visual display that shows sound is being made does work showing sounds! Visual display = the bar with volume control.

Headphones continue to work!

Bob & BJ
2019 Bounder 35P

docj.

thanx for your input. As mentioned I have same problem with IE and since starting the thread I have opened the sound app and tried that and no sounds come out but the visual display that shows sound is being made does work showing sounds! Visual display = the bar with volume control.

Headphones continue to work!

Sounds like a problem with the sound card or speakersin the computer , not chrome

Keeping You Connected

Proud Commercial Member #129 http://www.maximumsignal.net/

I have a similar problem with my PC, it will occasionally not play any sound through the speakers, but will work using a bluetooth speaker or corded headphones or line in device. It's worse using Chrome and if I change over to IE, then the sound works fine. I am using windows 10.

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

Archived