Broke down?

homelesshartshorns

I'm traveling the country! My Itasca Ford F53, I think. Where do I search for service? Where do I tell the tow truck to take me? Thanks in advance for any suggestions or incite.

Still seeing Places we have never seen before and others that we thought we would never see again!

homelesshartshorns | Trying to spend the last Dollar on the Last Day! (wordpress.com)

George Hartshorn | Facebook

It would probably be best to have it towed to the nearest Ford truck dealership. I would find them by using the Ford chassis hotline.

~ ~ ~ ~ Motorhome Customer Assistance Center

This 24 hour, seven-days-a-week Hotline was designed to serve both motorhome owners and RV dealers. By dialing 1-800-444-3311, the caller has access to: • The nearest appropriate service location. • Assistance in scheduling a service appointment. • Service Assistance for motorhome customers and RV dealers in resolving Ford chassis-related concerns.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

You might also check the area your in for reviews on mobile mechanics, could save you the effort of a tow...

What are the symptoms you're having with the rig. Is it the 460 era, or V10?

The 2000 coach would be the Triton, V-10.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Just noticed on the last couple of starts, if you don't goose it, it will die! Im going to clean out the air filter. And next Time out, take it out of overdrive and run it a little harder. I alway have babied it, usually never run it over 50 or 55.

Still seeing Places we have never seen before and others that we thought we would never see again!

homelesshartshorns | Trying to spend the last Dollar on the Last Day! (wordpress.com)

Just noticed on the last couple of starts, if you don't goose it, it will die! Im going to clean out the air filter. And next Time out, take it out of overdrive and run it a little harder. I alway have babied it, usually never run it over 50 or 55.

We have the same motor /chassis and I rarely run over 55-60 . Never a problem , so far .

If you have run through rain , insure that the air filter has not collapsed . Last year a friend had that happen and spent a week or better chasing ghosts he thought might be the problem , until he found his filter was nicely spiraled down into a tight formation that would only allow a small amount of air in .

Goes around , comes around .

My insurance plan is Master Card. But I like the phone number for Ford to get me started and then I found an app call Truck Down that seems to give me ideas also.

Ok found the filter! Next question, can I simply take off filter and drain content reinstall and continue on?

If you're running ok at speed/RPM(?) - then chances are the fuel filter is not restricting flow. But if it's time to change, might as well eliminate it as potential problem.

Best to checking the air cleaner for restriction, and or moisture.

You could run tank of fuel with Sea Foam, or some other cleaner, to see if might help.

Does the engine seem to run rough, even at speed? The V10 has the individual spark plug ignition coils, one of them out, going out, could cause low RPM stumbles.

Kirk - Yep, I did not drill down into his profile to see what year his coach is...

Best of luck,

Smitty

Be safe, have fun,

Smitty

04 CC Allure "RooII" - Our "E" ride for life!

I hate the going rate most shops $100 -$125 per hour but I do like people who know the vehicle Ford. Not sure if dealers in El Paso can service a coach but if they can't they should be able to direct you to a good shop. If spark plugs need changing Ford knows what they are looking at and the risk.

Archived