Slide out awnings?

Lee and Christine

Here are a couple of threads that have covered this topic previously. You will find there are those who love them and those who hate them. There is not much in between. You have to decide which camp you will fall into and go from there.

http://www.rvnetwork.com/index.php?showtopic=124849&hl=%2Bslide+%2Btopper#entry861741

http://www.rvnetwork.com/index.php?showtopic=125477&hl=%2Bslide+%2Bawning#entry869921

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

I do wash the top of mine 2 times a year. But that doesn't take long as I do it when Power washing the roof.

Other then that I have no extra care that needs done.

I sit in the open sun 365/24 and have replaced the cover once in the 14 years I have owned the MH. That replacement is starting to look a little ragged on the edges now.

The cover makes less work for the AC and keeps the cabinets under it cooler along with the things inside them.

Full Time since Oct. 1999
99 Discovery 34Q DP | ISB
Datastorm | VMSpc | Co-Pilot Live | Pressure Pro
2014 MKS Twin Turbo V6 365 HP Toad
369070033.jpg

I dont recommend power washing the roof. Do it gently if at all.

As far as the slide toppers....I like them when the weather is good. I hate them when its windy. The wind rattles them so violently that a few times we have had to pull the sldes in for fear of them ripping off. If they ever did get destroyed I would probably not replace them.

<p>....JIM and LINDA......2001 American Eagle 40 '.towing a GMC Sierra 1500 4X4 with RZR in the rear. 1999 JEEP Cherokee that we tow as well.

IT IS A CONTENTED MAN WHO CAN APPRECIATE THE SCENERY ALONG A DETOUR.

I also do not think power washing the roof is a good idea. I have had slide out awnings on both of our fivers and wouldn't be without them. Very little maintenance and keep things cooler in hot weather. We are full timers.

Fulltiming since September 1, 2010

2012 Ford F-350 PSD SRW Lariat Crew Cab

2012 Montana 3585SA

Archived