WFRanger user instructions

So I replaced my old WiFiRanger Go / WFBoost system with a new SkyPro Pack. Got it all working, but am somewhat confused by the setup process. I have read, and generally understand, the manual but what I am looking for is user suggestions.

For example, I have three "connectors" set up: WWW under WFControl panel, WWW2G under Internal WiFi 2G, and WWW5G under Internal WiFi 5G. Now I would think I should see 3 connection points after rebooting, but I never see anything other than WWW. I have tried different connection combinations with no luck.

Does WFRanger publish any user instruction, either printed or on YouTube? It would help me a lot to get some guidance on how to set the system up most effectively for use in an RV.

== John

2015 Entegra Aspire 44B diesel pusher with 2017 GMC Acadia Denali toad
Web site, albums, blog and more here

They use to have a downloadable PDF file User Manual. Last version I have is Rev11. They now have a webpage that includes several downloads on various topics and a couple of videos. At the top of the llist is the Universal User Manual. There is another webpage that looks like an online version of the Users Manual. Since you were able to post here, I assume you have an internet connection and can access their webpages. I suggest that you save the downloads and videos for future reference in case you have issues and can not access the internet.

The one that dies with the most toys is still dead!

As stated, I have read the user manual. It describes what each function does. What it does not do is make suggested setup for specific applications. Many of these options interact so changing one thing changes something else, even if you weren't intending to.

In my example, I understand how to configure the WFRControl panel and the two internal WiFi connectors (which I named WWW, WWW 2G and WWW 5G). And, at one time, I could see every one of them on my access point list. Then I changed something and now I can't "see" the two internal WiFis. And I don't know why.

Also, and I have a support ticket going for this, under the "Usage" tab on my Go I could see Realtime Usage and Bandwidth History. On this new unit, I can see Realtime Usage but no Bandwidth History. And yes, every menu choice I have shows that Usage Statistics is on, so what is different here?

So now my WFRanger is active, but it only shows the one internet connector when there should be 3. And I can't see Bandwidth History, which is critical for my metered connection point. It would be nice if the user guide had a typical setup for the most common application.

== John

Turns out the problem is with the current software release. WFR Support reset the software to an earlier version (they will re-release the current version after some bug fixes) but for now I have to use V7.0.5rc2 as the fully released V7.0.5 has problems.

Unfortunately, the V7.0.5rc2 software is also not working correctly. Long story, but if I use the WFControl connection I can access the Internet but not the control panel. If I use one of the radio connections (either 2G or 5G) I can access the Control Panel but not the Internet.

I had a lot of issues with WFRanger when it first came out, even wrote a blog about it https://wfranger.wordpress.com/2017/02/07/issues-with-skypro/ . I really like the WFRanger product line concepts but I am and have wasted quite a bit of time trying to make it all work. Hopefully Tech Support will come through with a permanent fix soon, I'm back on the road tomorrow.

== John

Archived