DRV JX450 Toy Hauler Garage Dimensions

Dave and Karen

We are looking to purchase our first RV...a toy hauler. We were at the Tampa RV Show in January and fell in love with the DRV. We like the JX450 model floor plan although they did not have one to walk through. We have 2 Can-Am Spyders that we will be hauling stacked on top of each other on a lift (without windshields). We need exact measurements of the garage as we only have inches to work with. There are no nearby dealers with the JX450 in stock to see in person to get the measurements. We called one dealer in another state to get the measurements, but they didn't make any sense. We are wondering if there is anyone within a couple of hours of Atlanta that owns a JX450 that would let us come and measure it. Or provide the measurements on the attached diagram. Thanks for your help.

post-56592-0-44467400-1486269740_thumb.jpg

Rolling Retreats has a JX-450 in stock on their lot right now. If you give them a call and speak with Slade (the service manager/co-owner), I'm sure he would be able to provide you the information on the dimensions you need. I will be at the dealership at the end of the month to pick up my new unit and may be able to get you information then as well, but Slade should be a lot faster.

I can also highly recommend them if you plan to purchase a new unit, especially if you plan to factory order a unit. They specialize in factory orders and know intimately what DRV will and will not do on a custom order. Plus their prices are as good or better than anyone else in the country and they are always at the top of customer satisfaction ratings among all DRV dealers.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

From Memory-

The garage is exactly 10' from inside the ramp door to the sliding glass doors. The dovetail section is 18" to 22".

If you want the 3 season wall take 4" off the overall length.

This is from memory. With measuring several units and doing some creative thinking, I figured a Smart Car would fit if you backed it in.

Trying to find my notes on it.

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

From Memory-

The garage is exactly 10' from inside the ramp door to the sliding glass doors. The dovetail section is 18" to 22".

If you want the 3 season wall take 4" off the overall length.

This is from memory. With measuring several units and doing some creative thinking, I figured a Smart Car would fit if you backed it in.

Trying to find my notes on it.

Thanks, appreciate your memory. :)

Rolling Retreats has a JX-450 in stock on their lot right now. If you give them a call and speak with Slade (the service manager/co-owner), I'm sure he would be able to provide you the information on the dimensions you need. I will be at the dealership at the end of the month to pick up my new unit and may be able to get you information then as well, but Slade should be a lot faster.

I can also highly recommend them if you plan to purchase a new unit, especially if you plan to factory order a unit. They specialize in factory orders and know intimately what DRV will and will not do on a custom order. Plus their prices are as good or better than anyone else in the country and they are always at the top of customer satisfaction ratings among all DRV dealers.

Thanks for the info.

I just purchased an LX450. It has a 12 ft garage. Which actual measurement is11ft 5in long, 7ft 10in wide and 8ft 3in tall. I had mine delivered. looking at HD truck but having problems with pin height. Due to MO/ride hitch level it sits at 48 inches high and seems to have no down ward adjustment.Im building a new peterbilt.

I just purchased an LX450. It has a 12 ft garage. Which actual measurement is11ft 5in long, 7ft 10in wide and 8ft 3in tall. I had mine delivered. looking at HD truck but having problems with pin height. Due to MO/ride hitch level it sits at 48 inches high and seems to have no down ward adjustment.Im building a new peterbilt.

Thanks for the info. Hope it all works out for you.

Not stating not enough truck, OK. Do check pin weight. Your 3500 is rated just shy of 10k on pin. Easy to go that high with heavy long coaches. Fuel, hitch bed, tools, etc all add to this. I had a 2012 Chevy 3500, springs (no air suspension). My 40' Teton bowed the springs backwards. We were right at the max. Was not a good truck for this. Power was not an issue. Payload was. All the dealers will tell you a Dodge dually will pull anything. Yes pull but can it carry the pin weight. Just don't want you to make same mistake I did. Loved that truck with my 32' Drv. Hated it with the Teton.

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

The DRV FullHouse line of toyhaulers runs light on the pin. 16-19%. According to the little info I have squeezed out of DRV, all of their 3 axle units, FullHouse, Mobile Suite and Elite Suite, are all designed to be hauled with the newer350/3500 series pick up trucks.

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

My MDT weighs in at around 13000 lbs and i think i have barely enough truck to pull my LX 450. If the garage is empty it pulls well but once i load our 2 heavy motorcycles i have to make sure that i have enough weight forward in the basement or fill the water tank to properly balance the unit. I learned this on my first trip when, i had a side wind and a semi passed in the opposite direction. That pushed the trailer towards the shoulder and then set up the sway that started to "wag the dog". I believe that if i had less truck the results might have been different. A big pickup will have plenty of horsepower to pull a heavy fullhouse but i don't think it has the weight to control the trailer if you ever get into a "sticky situation" (just my humble opinion)

2004 Freightliner m2 106  2015 DRV lx450 Fullhouse  2019 Indian Springfield 2014 Yamaha 950 V-Star

These light pins scare me. Also such posts are yours confirm this. My Teton is 20%+. It is solid as a rock even with the 3500. A Toyhauler with that light a pin (load them at rear) just don't make sense to me.

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

Archived