RV explosion in Yuma!

Kirk W

Officials say the people who were inside the RV were taken to Yuma Regional Medical Center and were later flown out due to their injuries.

No report on how many people were in it?

Sounds like injures were real serious.

Full Time since Oct. 1999
99 Discovery 34Q DP | ISB
Datastorm | VMSpc | Co-Pilot Live | Pressure Pro
2014 MKS Twin Turbo V6 365 HP Toad
369070033.jpg

There's more to the store than their saying. If it was an LP explosion there would have at least been a fireball of some sort. Singed material etc. Makes me wonder if an oxygen tank popped?

Or if it was a mobile drug lab like the TV show Breaking Bad?

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

very unusual. I am sure they will find the cause ,It is typical of a meth lab explosion. We have many of them here in Central Florida.

Helen and I are long timers ..08 F-350 Ford,LB,CC,6.4L,4X4, Dually,4:10 diff dragging around a 2013 Montana 3402 Big Sky

SKP 100137. North Ridgeville, Ohio in the summer, sort of and where ever it is warm in the winter.

Meth lab is my first thought, sad to say. Hope I'm wrong.

Stephen & Karen and our six boys, ages 21, 21, 19, 17, 14, & 11
Stephen - Military retiree (as of summer 2012) & current DOI employee (Big Bend National Park)
Karen - Homeschooling stay-at-home mom & veteran
San Antonio, Texas

Fulltimed May 2013 - July 2014 (yes, all eight of us!)
Open Range "Rolling Thunder" (H396RGR - fifth wheel toy hauler bunkhouse) - SOLD
Ford F-350 diesel dually - for the camper
Ford E-350 fifteen passenger van - for the crew

Our unfinished travel blog: http://coach-and-six.blogspot.com/

Ok, take this for what it is worth! Talked to a friend today in the RV park in Yuma that we were in until a year ago. The friend has a mutual friend in Riverside RV park. He called to see if his friends were OK because he knew they did not have a Pace Arrow. The friend stated that they had the propane tank filled a day or two ago. Since then, they have had trouble lighting the heater. I don't know what kind of "heater" but of course propane. He was trying to light it and boom! The lady is in pretty good shape but the man has burns and I don't know what degree but it is 90% of his body. As a subscriber to the Yuma Sun daily, there reporting at times leaves a lot to be desired and usually not very timely. I'll keep a watch and see if there are any follow-ups. We sure hope for the best.

There's a thread over on The RV Forum Community started by a fellow that's in the park where the explosion occurred, complete with pictures. They had just had the LP tank filled that afternoon. The latest news he posted was that the newspaper reported today that both are in serious condition and are now in Phoenix for treatment of their injuries.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

There's a thread over on The RV Forum Community started by a fellow that's in the park where the explosion occurred, complete with pictures.

It doesn't appear that anyone who isn't a member of the forum will be able to see those pictures, or at least I couldn't.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

The latest update post on the other forum from the RV'er on scene:

"The man is 82 has 2nd degree burns over 80% of his body. Not expected to survive. The wife was significantly less injured. No definitive info on her."

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

The latest update post on the other forum from the RV'er on scene:

"The man is 82 has 2nd degree burns over 80% of his body. Not expected to survive. The wife was significantly less injured. No definitive info on her."

Oh, this is so sad. :(

Stephen & Karen and our six boys, ages 21, 21, 19, 17, 14, & 11
Stephen - Military retiree (as of summer 2012) & current DOI employee (Big Bend National Park)
Karen - Homeschooling stay-at-home mom & veteran
San Antonio, Texas

Fulltimed May 2013 - July 2014 (yes, all eight of us!)
Open Range "Rolling Thunder" (H396RGR - fifth wheel toy hauler bunkhouse) - SOLD
Ford F-350 diesel dually - for the camper
Ford E-350 fifteen passenger van - for the crew

Our unfinished travel blog: http://coach-and-six.blogspot.com/

Sad

Doesn't sound like meth cooks to me.

A very slow propane leak with plenty of time to distribute evenly throughout the space can make a very lean but highly explosive mixture. The fireball would be VERY short and would run out before igniting any combustibles. The expansion would be enormous, and on every square inch of the thing.

Big question I have is...... why didn't the sniffer do it's thing?

Previously a 2017 Forest River, Berkshire 38A, "The Dragonship". https://dragonship.blog/

The gentlemen is a minister so meth is out of the question.

There was a fire but if was put out by a guy two sites away with a fire extinguisher minutes after the explosion.

He was lighting a heater, being he was inside it must have been portable heater. He had been outside doing something with the regulator right before it happened, he talked to someone before the fire department arrived.

His wife was blown out of the back of the trailer and I heard was out of the hospital, being he was ground zero he has some serious injuries and may not survive.

Last I heard their two dogs were doing alright, the one I seen shortly after the explosion was still alive but very scared and had some burnt fur.

They were fulltimers.

Denny

Denny & Jami SKP#90175
Most Timing with Mac our Scottie, RIP Jasper our Westie
2013 F350 SC DRW 6.2 V8 4.30 Gears
2003 HH Premier 35FKTG Home Base Nebraska

Sadly, as we get older we become more likely to make mistakes and have more difficulty surviving the result. Living in a senior community, I have seen several reminders of that issue recently. How very sad.......... :(

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

The gentlemen is a minister so meth is out of the question.

There was a fire but if was put out by a guy two sites away with a fire extinguisher minutes after the explosion.

He was lighting a heater, being he was inside it must have been portable heater. He had been outside doing something with the regulator right before it happened, he talked to someone before the fire department arrived.

His wife was blown out of the back of the trailer and I heard was out of the hospital, being he was ground zero he has some serious injuries and may not survive.

Last I heard their two dogs were doing alright, the one I seen shortly after the explosion was still alive but very scared and had some burnt fur.

They were fulltimers.

Denny

Wow!! So sad, prayers for both of them.

Archived