Chad Heiser

Our new 2017 DRV MS 40KSSB4

106 posts in this topic

I put a little time into drawing up a wiring diagram of my solar, battery, inverter system.

I'm pretty sure I included everything. :o

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BypMhjRfrAf1WHY2VVZwVzFzRnM

(I can't get the photo to orient correctly when I uploaded it to google drive for some reason.  When I uploaded it and download it now, it is correct, but on google drive it is sideways for some reason.)

Chad, Thanks for that work of art. I hadn't seem that much detail on a RV wiring diagram since my 2007 Pleasure Way.

Did you change the DC feed to the AGS Moniter and BMK or did the factory make a change. My devices were direct wired to the battery post thus a constant battery drain when the DC switch was turned off. The factory would not change wiring as that would a design change but they provided two switches for the Band-aid

Clay  and for the lack of a signature line

2016 MS 38PS3/Dallas with Generator and other goodies

33 minutes ago, ms60ocb said:

Chad, Thanks for that work of art. I hadn't seem that much detail on a RV wiring diagram since my 2007 Pleasure Way.

Did you change the DC feed to the AGS Moniter and BMK or did the factory make a change. My devices were direct wired to the battery post thus a constant battery drain when the DC switch was turned off. The factory would not change wiring as that would a design change but they provided two switches for the Band-aid

Clay  and for the lack of a signature line

2016 MS 38PS3/Dallas with Generator and other goodies

Thanks for the compliment.  I didn't change the wiring, but I did move it to the four post bus bars I installed.  These bus bars are after my big Blue Sea switch, so I can completely isolate the batteries from all parasitic drains if I need to for storage.

It is very, very important to remove all direct connects to the battery bank and move them to a distribution hub or (better) a bus bar like Chad did. It makes things much neater, for one, and expandable. It also allows proper placement of the shunt.