Damage by neighbor?

bigjim

Wow, a 4000 lb cactus. Who would have thought. I know I didn't have a clue they could weigh that much.

In my situation there was no doubt who's awning it was. My getting outside quickly help them avoid damage to their property including a very nice truck and a second truck. Sadly he doesn't have insurance and it is still up in the air as to what will become of this. I do think he had it anchored fairly well for normal conditions but it was anchored in soil that had absordedn a massive amount of rain and it would have been wise to have kept that in mind and taken it down. I made him an offer of a cash settlement for an estimated reduced value on my trailer but given his financial circumstances I doubt I will get anything out of it. If I had that amount of work I needed done I believe he would try to work it off but it is unlikly I will need that kind of help before I leave this area.

Hindsight is great, but I'm with the act of God crowd. You say he had it tied down but rain and wind let it come loose. Yeah, maybe he coulda, shoulda and oughta taken it down, but then again it coulda, shoulda and oughta stayed in place, if not for that act of God. Winds come up fast. He is just as surprised that it moved as you are. You never heard a hurricane or tornado victim going after the neighbor because his gazebo flew out of the yard.

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

Archived