Verizon going after high usage users again

It is not a contract per se. I just took advantage of a free offer from Verizon where they gave us two Moto Z Droid Play phones, about $500 phones two of them, and they will charge us $17 for each monthly, 34 dollars extra for two years. Then they will deduct the 34 dollars from our monthly bill for two years making our bill the same as before. We had to pay the tax fair the phones which with the two battery mods we ordered, and two 20 dollar activation fees was about a 250 buck bill the first month which was fine with us because we did not have to trade in any phones. These are the big Motos with the magnetic back and contacts to put any of about five mods on the back from the wireless charging battery mods we got, to a JBL speaker one and a zoom camera one. Anyway if we quit Verizon we will just owe them the balance of 34 a month for the remainder of months we did not use Verizon. I had quit them the month before and tried free iPhone 6s from Credo mobile and that was a real eye opener. I returned them the same day we got them. But Verizon did not charge me a thing for leaving, not activation for coming back the next day.

weird but works for me. BTW we pay an extra 10 bucks a month to our cable Internet provider for unlimited Internet and have become a streaming family both here and on the go with our mobile devices when on WiFi only. Our phone plan used to be 3 GB but we never used more than 512 MBs of data in any month because we work at home with unlimited cable. So we dropped our mobile plan to 2 GB a month combined ands still rarely even use the 512mbs.

At home however, my monthly usage has gone from 100 GBs to over 400 GBs a month and everyone including our provider is happy. AT&T will be running fiber here by March and I am really glad for the competition. When AT&T is here all they have to do is beat my current price by 10 bucks and we are theirs!

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

Verizon hasn't offered unlimited data to the general public in five years. Many of us bought unlimited data and have enjoyed it for many years. There is absolutely no obligation on Verizon's part to continue to offer unlimited data forever. Whether you're in contract or not, Verizon can end unlimited data any time they want.

Since Verizon never falsely advertised unlimited data, never pressured anyone to buy another product when they went to buy unlimited data, and never switched anyone to another product without their knowledge, I don't see how what they're doing can be considered "bait and switch". So, it's not "self explanatory" to me.

I'm not a lawyer, but I have read my User's Agreement several times. It's actually pretty simple and easy to understand. It clearly says that Verizon can change the service any time they want.

I am sorry that you can not see the difference between "limited" and "unlimited". Offering one and getting the other is in fact a classic bait and switch technique in my opinion. But as you (others and I have pointed out) these seemingly simple meanings can be untangle in the fine print.

Later,

J

PS I am out of this.

2012 Landmark, San Antonio

2013 Silverado CC, 3500HD, Duramax, DRW, 4x4

Backup, side and hitch cameras, Tireminder TPMS

I am sorry that you can not see the difference between "limited" and "unlimited". Offering one and getting the other is in fact a classic bait and switch technique in my opinion. But as you (others and I have pointed out) these seemingly simple meanings can be untangle in the fine print.

Later,

J

PS I am out of this.

I definitely know the difference between limited and unlimited. Name one person who ever paid for unlimited and didn't get it for that month. If Verizon decided to not offer them unlimited for the next month, that's their prerogative. I'm one of those persons who have enjoyed unlimited data for over ten years, never been charged a single time for overages. If Verizon tells me that next month I will no longer have unlimited, then I'll go on the open market and find another product which fits my needs. No fine print to untangle.

I'm sorry that you feel you're a victim to the big bad company and their lawyers.

Everybody wanna hear the truth, but everybody tell a lie.  Everybody wanna go to Heaven, but nobody want to die.  Albert King

I'm sorry that you feel you're a victim to the big bad company and their lawyers.

For the record I am not a victim nor current customer of the "...big bad company..." and my only intent here was simply to call a spade a spade.

Later,

J

PS Please don't suck me into this again especially with an assumption.

2012 Landmark, San Antonio

2013 Silverado CC, 3500HD, Duramax, DRW, 4x4

Backup, side and hitch cameras, Tireminder TPMS

For the record I am not a victim nor current customer of the "...big bad company..." and my only intent here was simply to call a spade a spade.

Later,

J

PS Please don't suck me into this again especially with an assumption.

I was just answering your assumption with one of my own.

Later.

Everybody wanna hear the truth, but everybody tell a lie.  Everybody wanna go to Heaven, but nobody want to die.  Albert King

Some people working at home need to move massive amounts of data for their work, drawings, etc. Verizon sold those plans as unlimited, so users are treating them that way. Many of these users are not thinking about what they are using, they are just doing what others are doing with wired connections.

Tragedy of the bandwidth commons.

--

2017 Promaster 159" , 570W mono, 220AH FLA

blog | RVwiki project

Archived