Whirlpool washer

Retiredin1993

Quick look gives the most probable issue is carboned up motor brushes. A quick swipe with a rag full of brake clean is a cheap solution. Assuming you feel like tearing into it.

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

Darryl, I thought I would just replace the brushes, so I went on line and the only ones I could find on Amazon or EBay were for 220 volt models. I think I will pull the washer Monday and take a look at the brushes to see if they are hanging up and give them a good cleaning.

Ron
US Army retired
2010 Tiffin Phaeton 40QTH
2016 Ford F150 XLT

Darryl, I decided to tackle the job today. The brushes on one side were ok the other side there were worn pretty good. I tired to find replacement brushes locally and every one telling me that the motor has to be replaced no brushes, the motor is anywhere from $550.00 to $714.00. Hello, a ne3 washer at Home Depot is $648.00. Any way I cleaned the brushes up and the washer is working at the present time. I can not find brushes alone for a 110 volt but can find them for 220 volt for Canada, Germany ant Australia.

Ron
US Army retired
2016 Ford F150 XLT

That's a truly crazy price for an electric motor. Must be gold plated, or something. Off the top of my head, I can't think of any difference between 120 and 240 v brushes. Do you have a rewind shop locally to talk to?

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

That's a truly crazy price for an electric motor. Must be gold plated, or something. Off the top of my head, I can't think of any difference between 120 and 240 v brushes. Do you have a rewind shop locally to talk to?

Thanks, I didn't think the volts would matter on brushes, so I am going to order a set and see what happens. The way that one side is wearing, it want last long.

Ron
US Army retired
2016 Ford F150 XLT

Archived