2 ingredient Cookies

lockie.sailer@gmail.com

​It's me again...

​Now let's say we have a craving for cookies, like I did earlier. And you don't want to go through some big production to make them... you just want cookies.

​Well, take a look in the pantry and refrigerator. If you have a boxed cake mix and real mayonnaise (not Miracle Whip), you're on your way to simple and delicious cookies.

​For mine I used what I had... a lemon cake mix and one cup of mayo stirred together well. That's it. Then I used a small ice cream scoop, but a spoon would work fine, to lay out a dozen onto an ungreased baking sheet. The oven was preheated to 350° and they were baked for 15 minutes. Take out of the oven, cool on the sheet and then transfer to a cooling rack... or a clean towel... or your plate with a big glass of milk on the side. My scoop made 2 dozen cookies from this batch.

​Eat up!

Lockie

"Some hae meat and cannae eat. Some nae meat but want it. We hae meat and we can eat and sae the Lord be thankit." Old Scottish blessing

Lockie,

Do you make 3-2-1 cake? Stir tgether one box angel food cake mix and 1 box any other flavor cake mix and store in an air tight container. When you want cake stir together 3 Tbsp cake mix with 2 Tbsp water in a coffee cup and microwave 1 minute. It took me a long time to use up that mix, though. :)

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Lockie,

Do you make 3-2-1 cake? Stir tgether one box angel food cake mix and 1 box any other flavor cake mix and store in an air tight container. When you want cake stir together 3 Tbsp cake mix with 2 Tbsp water in a coffee cup and microwave 1 minute. It took me a long time to use up that mix, though. :)

Linda Sand

I haven't, but it sounds really good and convenient! Both which are attractive to me. :) Thanks for sharing.

And don't be afraid to try the cookie recipe... I promise it's good. So much so that I'm going to have to hide them before my husband eats them all before dark. haha!

I haven't, but it sounds really good and convenient! Both which are attractive to me. :) Thanks for sharing.

And don't be afraid to try the cookie recipe... I promise it's good. So much so that I'm going to have to hide them before my husband eats them all before dark. haha!

I'm not afraid to try it. I would need to hope that my husband would eat them all before dark, though, so I didn't do that myself. :)

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Why can't Miracle Whip be used? Don't ever buy real mayo...

Hi there,

You can always give it a go with Miracle Whip, but I can't promise the results since I didn't use it as my ingredient. I only post those recipes that I've tried myself, but I'd love to hear how it works out for you.

The reason I used mayo was that the primary ingredients are egg and oil; the same thing called on the cake mix. The ingredients I'm seeing for MW are "The primary ingredients are water, soybean oil, vinegar, high fructose corn syrup, sugar, modified corn starch, and dried eggs. The HFCS and corn starch are made from non-genetically modified maize.[7] Ingredients making up less than 2% of product include salt, mustard flour, paprika, spice, natural flavor, potassium sorbate, enzyme modified egg yolk, and dried garlic."

Let me know how it works out if you try it!

That doesn't even sound good! I'll give it a try tho one of these days and report back...since I'm diabetic, I'll try a sugar free cake mix..the carbs are the same but at least there's no sugar.....

'12 Dodge Ram HD Crew Cab Long Bed

3500 Cummins Diesel

'07 HitchHiker II 29.5 LKTG

That doesn't even sound good! I'll give it a try tho one of these days and report back...since I'm diabetic, I'll try a sugar free cake mix..the carbs are the same but at least there's no sugar.....

Yes, please do! I'd love to hear how it turns, though I have to agree that despite how good MW is on a sandwich, it doesn't sound remotely good in a cake. :)

Actually, I'll admit what gave me the idea to use the mayo is because it's one of my ingredients in my special dark chocolate cake that just melts in your mouth... which, by the way, can be made with no sugar. I'll have to post that recipe one day just for you!

Archived