Winegard ConnecT

Mike2338

I was just on the Winegard site and they are showing an Internet WiFi extender called ConnecT. This is the first I have seen it. I will be purchasing a system and am leaning towards the Wifiranger SkyPro Pack at $449. The ConnecT is $549.

Does anyone have experience with the Winegard system or have an opinion of the pros and cons by comparison?

I did not see information on the length of the ConnecT exterior antennas. I am mildly concerned about rubbing them off on low hanging branches. The 5th is 13'2" at the highest. I would not be mounting it up front at the max roof height though. Also, I do not have a batwing antenna to mount an antenna. My batwing bit the dust and I am mounting an Automatic Rayzar in its place. Also2, I do not wish to use a flagpole for antenna mounting.

I am not looking for killer range or speed. I understand the limit for speed and thruput is based on the connect i get in the CG or provider.

Thanks

m

We've had the ConnecT installed and have been testing it since this summer. One major feature missing from it that you get with the WFR pack is the ability to also tether in a cellular device.

Here's more info and our take on it:

Now Shipping: Winegard ConnecT RV Internet WiFi Extender

Cherie & Chris (and Kiki *meow*) / Personal Blog: Technomadia.com
Technomads (technology enabled nomads) since 2006

Our Nomadic Fleet:
RVs:
Zephyr: 1961 GM 4106 bus conversion / Blooper: 2020.5 Winnebago Travato GL Boat: Y-Not: 1999 Bayliner 4788

Hosts of the Mobile Internet Resource Center
Mobile Internet Information for RVers, Cruisers & Nomads
Proud to be recognized as Escapee's Commercial Partners #773 / Escapees RVOU Instructors

We've had the ConnecT installed and have been testing it since this summer. One major feature missing from it that you get with the WFR pack is the ability to also tether in a cellular device.

Here's more info and our take on it:

Now Shipping: Winegard ConnecT RV Internet WiFi Extender

Have you by any chance tested the ALFA Camp Pro WIFI booster? Looks pretty good to this novice and is MUCH less expensive.

Fulltiming since September 1, 2010

2012 Ford F-350 PSD SRW Lariat Crew Cab

2012 Montana 3585SA

Have you by any chance tested the ALFA Camp Pro WIFI booster? Looks pretty good to this novice and is MUCH less expensive.

We have one in house, and will be getting it installed for our upcoming WiFi router testing round. We'll be testing it against a few other options including the ConnecT and new WiFiRanger options.

Cherie & Chris (and Kiki *meow*) / Personal Blog: Technomadia.com
Technomads (technology enabled nomads) since 2006

Our Nomadic Fleet:
RVs:
Zephyr: 1961 GM 4106 bus conversion / Blooper: 2020.5 Winnebago Travato GL Boat: Y-Not: 1999 Bayliner 4788

Hosts of the Mobile Internet Resource Center
Mobile Internet Information for RVers, Cruisers & Nomads
Proud to be recognized as Escapee's Commercial Partners #773 / Escapees RVOU Instructors

We have one in house, and will be getting it installed for our upcoming WiFi router testing round. We'll be testing it against a few other options including the ConnecT and new WiFiRanger options.

Thanks. Keep us posted please.

Fulltiming since September 1, 2010

2012 Ford F-350 PSD SRW Lariat Crew Cab

2012 Montana 3585SA

Archived