prepaid MIFI ? for very limited use

trostberg

I have to give up my work provided secure MIFI and am looking for options. I do not want to pay a monthly fee more than $20 or so. I currently use a tracfone and do fine with $100 for 365 days of service and am looking for something along that line to do things with banking and social security type info once a month or so where I do not want to use public or campground internet. I do not use tracfone for web connections thinking that is not very secure.

Any suggestions?

Your Tracfone web connection is every bit as secure as any other cell based Internet connection. And generally more secure than public or campground WiFi services. For your limited needs, take a look at the hotspots available from Straight Talk. They have both AT&T and Verizon models available, and you can buy usage cards as needed. The per GB cost is higher than the longer term plans, but if you only need it now and then, it can be a pretty reasonable way to go. Walmart usually has at least a few models in stock, or you can get one from a number of online sources. Note that Straight Talk is also a Tracfone Wireless company.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

I looked into straight talk but what I am looking for is to use a mifi to connect my laptop to download updates and send turbo tax return.

I only need data and could not find mifi in Walmart. Verizon does have a limited databank but would like to carry over unused each month.

Straight Talk also has hotspot (MiFi) devices...

Straight Talk ZTE Z288C 4G LTE Mobile Hotspot (Verizon)

Straight Talk ZTE Z289G LTE Mobile Hotspot (AT&T)

Straight Talk Data Only Cards

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

Archived