VA - Even after you are dead you get mistreated.

skp51443

Only good news here is at least it wasn't Phoenix again.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/12/11/report-va-hospital-left-dead-body-shower-9-hours/

Staff at a Veterans Affairs hospital in Florida left the body of a veteran in a shower for nine hours after the veteran died and proper pickup procedures to the morgue weren’t followed.

The Tampa Bay Times on Sunday (http://bit.ly/2goW2NK ) reported that an internal investigation concluded that staff at the Bay Pines VA Healthcare System failed to provide appropriate post-mortem care to the veteran’s body.

First rule of computer consulting:

Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day.

Sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.

IIRC, Congress has to change the law with regard to firing govt civilians.

The problem is poor management, pure and simple. As I read on another forum some managers build fiefdoms with the help of their superiors, and are protected by the superiors. I also saw this when I worked for the USPS, and it even involved the Postal Inspection Service. These fiefdoms need to be broken up, and lines of responsibility need to be restored.

2005 Winnebago Voyage 38J

What I find very frustrating is that a lot of the people I deal with are veterans themselves. I am not surprised, just frustrated. I think that makes it even harder to ferret out the ones that are either bad or incompetent and get them out. As much as I hold veterans in high regard since I are one, I found the military to be the same. I think a lot of us are lucky not to have expired due to incompetance, stupidity, or someone willing to sacrafice anyone else to get ahead. Such is life I suppose. But the good ones at the VA or in the military can't/don't get enough credit IMO. Of course most of them don't blow their own horn.

Archived