Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jdhm

Route advice

9 posts in this topic

Quartzsite to Tempe. What is the best way to avoid as much freeway as possible? 34 foot motorhome with toad.

Thanks.

I-10 east won't be busy until you're nearing Tempe. You don't have choices. If going to the far south side of Tempe get off on the 202. Otherwise Hwy 60 or whatever other exit you need to get where you're going. Have fun! Sunday morning would be good or hit Phoenix between 9-2 or 3pm during the week.

Where in Tempe and which Day/time are you going to travel? We spend all winter in Mesa, so know several shortcuts if we know where you are going.

Tempe Elks just off Broadway, about 2 miles east of Rural.

Thanks.

e

Are you sure it isn't on Hardy, which is south of Broadway and west of Rural? That'S what I come up with.

Edited by Barbaraok

OK, then take I-10 east and take the exit for I-17 SOUTH. You will go around a big curve, and then rejoin I-10. After the Exit for University Dr, look for the exit for Highway 143/Broadway Road. When you come off of the freeway and get to Highway 143, do NOT turn right onto 143, but go straight ahead and around the curve and then take a left onto Broadway. About 2 blocks after you pass Priest Dr, you will turn right onto Hardy Dr and go about 2 blocks south and the Elks should be on your right. There will be some traffic because this is the area close to the airport, but shouldn't be too bad. And classes will be out for ASU.

Barb