Direct tv

Ronbo

I had a bad experience with them yesterday and today. I called to update my service address and they said it was done. When I returned home I did not have the locals stations. I called back. She informed me that they were under negotiations with the local stations to air them. I called her a liar as my MIL has direct tv and is able to revived the local stations. She then stated that I would have the local stations In 24 hours. I guess she knows when the supposed contract negotiations will be resolved.

Today I called and asked for a supervisor. I was hung up on twice. The third time I asked for someone in the USA. I was told that was not possible. I asked if my only option was to speed to someone in a foreign country that English was not their primary language. I was told that was correct. I was put on hold. I used my DW phone and called 310-535-5000, supposedly their headquarters in California. While I was talking to her, she connected my loacals and apologized for the lack of service. I hung up the other phone after 20 minutes on hold.

Since the merger with ATT, Directtv Custer,re service is non existent.

Ron C.

2013 Dynamax Trilogy 3850 D3

2000 Kenworth T2000 Optimus Prime

In 15 years with Directv I have never had anyone than an English speaking(primary language) rep. Everything I have always requested is done immediately while I watch tv. Never a delay. We switch service at least 2-4 times a year. We have never switched service address and only use the DNS service, use our OTA if we want to look at locals for any reason(don't think we have ever done this).

It had become a real problem to deal with Directv, and on top of that they kept raising their fees.

Switched to Dish and lowered my bill by almost $60 a month. Same service and number of TV's, also able to use my vangaurd carryout to receive HD channels. Agree that ATT takeover was not a good thing! I had been with Directv for over 15 years.

Jim

I finally got my locals not due to the person with the accent, it was due to the lady in California. If you don't know how to do something, just tell me. I understand. If you are having difficulty with it just tell me. I'm not going to get upset. Everyone had to learn. But to lie to someone that you don't know their experiences or past move is totally unacceptable. I have never had this problem untill this time. Where I am located it would be difficult to get over the air signals. I also don't like playing with multiple remotes to switch channels from hgtv to a local station.

Ron C.

2013 Dynamax Trilogy 3850 D3

2000 Kenworth T2000 Optimus Prime

We have never talked t o someone at Directv that did not sound like they were here in the USA. We deal with directv at a minimum of twice a year when going back and forth between Our winter and summer residence. We might deal with them more if we are in an area where the OTA antenna will not pick up locals t o change to the local channels. We are again lucky that is at least 20 years of having directv we have never had a problem of any kind.

Helen and I are long timers ..08 F-350 Ford,LB,CC,6.4L,4X4, Dually,4:10 diff dragging around a 2013 Montana 3402 Big Sky

SKP 100137. North Ridgeville, Ohio in the summer, sort of and where ever it is warm in the winter.

I won't say that we've never had problems with a DirecTV CSR. In fact, I started an entire thread about the problems I had activating my new Wireless Video Bridge and C41W miniGenie. However, that experience only reinforced what others have told me for years--if the DirecTV person you are speaking with tells you something that you know is wrong, simply end the call and call back again. Chances are that you'll be able to resolve the problem with the next rep. No need to get aggravated!

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

Archived