Medicare, AARP united healthcare plan F and Humana Plan D

On 10/29/2017 at 11:51 AM, KHenson said:

Actually, that's not accurate. The Part B deductible is the only thing that differentiates the coverage between F and G. 

Both plans F and G cover hospitalization exactly the same.

My BAD!  I was comparing Part N to Part F.  

Thanks for correcting my error.

Al & Sharon
2006 Winnebago Journey 36G 
2020 Chevy Colorado Toad
San Antonio, TX

http://downtheroadaroundthebend.blogspot.com/

Humana Part D changes every year in FL. for me.

I have gotten the same 5 prescriptions every month for years.
2015  Monthly $55.80 my Copay $30.00  Humana pays out $7.10
2016 Monthly $70.90 my Copay $26.50  Humana pays out $5.80
2017 Monthly $68.80 my Copay $20.00  Humana pays out $13.20
2018 Monthly will be $80.50 my Copay $20.00  Humana pays out ???

If I could buy the RX for Humman's price with my Copay I wouldn't need them. :)

OH!!! My AARP Plan F cost me $319.02 a month. 2018 ??
With the 2% COL raise for SSA I hope that Medicare doesn't take it all like they did last year. :(

Full Time since Oct. 1999
99 Discovery 34Q DP | ISB
Datastorm | VMSpc | Co-Pilot Live | Pressure Pro
2014 MKS Twin Turbo V6 365 HP Toad
369070033.jpg

1 hour ago, Biker56 said:

Humana Part D changes every year in FL. for me.

I have gotten the same 5 prescriptions every month for years.
2015  Monthly $55.80 my Copay $30.00  Humana pays out $7.10
2016 Monthly $70.90 my Copay $26.50  Humana pays out $5.80
2017 Monthly $68.80 my Copay $20.00  Humana pays out $13.20
2018 Monthly will be $80.50 my Copay $20.00  Humana pays out ???

If I could buy the RX for Humman's price with my Copay I wouldn't need them. :)

OH!!! My AARP Plan F cost me $319.02 a month. 2018 ??
With the 2% COL raise for SSA I hope that Medicare doesn't take it all like they did last year. :(

Biker56, I'd shop that Part D drug plan. I suspect you can do better. Here is a video on how you can do that yourself: https://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cb60IXI8q8

I'd also look to changing that AARP Plan F to a G or N...that'll save you a bundle without sacrificing much in benefits. 

Kyle Henson, Fulltime RVer since 2011

Founder/Former Owner of  RVer Insurance Exchange

Biker56 - Do you have a Good Rx Card.  If not, get one, and once you sign up, you will see what is being charged by various pharmacies that accept the card - - wide, wide range.   I'm assuming those are all generics?     There are days that I think it would be easier to get individual written Rx for all our meds and then match to see who is cheaper, but when you are traveling it is so much easier to use ExpressScripts, especially with the one med that Dave takes which is $600/90 days without insurance or $135/90 days with our insurance.   Unfortunately the similar ones that drug all interact with his Plavix and/or his statin, so that is a no go.

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

17 hours ago, KHenson said:

Biker56, I'd shop that Part D drug plan. I suspect you can do better. Here is a video on how you can do that yourself: https://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cb60IXI8q8

I'd also look to changing that AARP Plan F to a G or N...that'll save you a bundle without sacrificing much in benefits. 

You never know when the Plan F is the better one.
In 2011 Medicare & Plan F paid out $48,454.92 more then I paid them.
In 2012 Medicare & Plan F paid out $63,911.51 more then I paid them.
In 2013 Medicare & Plan F paid out $12,257.25 more then I paid them.
In 2014 Medicare & Plan F paid out $2,887.14 more then I paid them.
In 2015 I paid out $817.97 more then they did.
In 2016 Medicare & Plan F paid out $485.27 more then I paid them.
2017 so far with more bills to come in it's about even. But they will be paying more then I will at the end of the year.
So far I am way ahead of them for many years to come. And will stay with the F plan and then see what 2020 brings.

Now Part D I did shop last year. But others were higher with the copay included on the prescriptions I have, then what Humana was.
Back in 2011 through 2014 Humana paid out much more then I paid them plus copay.
Since then(15-16-17) they are coming out ahead a little. But who knows about the future years?

Sometimes cheaper can cost more in the long run.

Full Time since Oct. 1999
99 Discovery 34Q DP | ISB
Datastorm | VMSpc | Co-Pilot Live | Pressure Pro
2014 MKS Twin Turbo V6 365 HP Toad
369070033.jpg

• 6 months later...

Help, we are changing our domicile to SD for KS and when talking to Humana's Walmart Part D plan, they informed us that we need a "physical address" that a mailing service address wouldn't work... we have already changed our BCBS Plan F to our SD domicile address so we are now on a timeline to get coverage for Plan D... We talked to Medicare because we were told by Humana this was Medicare's rule (which Medicare denies) so we are no further along at resolving this problem....

Any ideas or suggestions appreciated!

First, did you tell Humana your address was a mail forwarding address, or did their computer flag it a PMB (Personal Mail Box)?

If their computer flagged the address, then your recourse may be to give them the physical address of a relative.  Some people have run into your situation with some financial institutions.  The Federal Government allows people to supply a physical address of a friend or relative as an address of record. Once you have Humana set up you can have your Rx's mailed to any address when you request the Rx.

BTW, we find it much more convenient to use Walmart, Walgreens, or CVS for our Rx. We have our doctor send the annual Rx to the Walmart near the doctor.  Then when we need the Rx we call the Walmart near where we happen to be and tell them to transfer the Rx to this store. 

For Humana & Aetna (I use one, my wife uses the other) we have found it costs just a couple to few dollars more to use one of the walk in stores instead of the mail order.  Since we move a lot when traveling, it is always a hassle to order from Humana.  We are never really sure when they actually mail a Rx.  Yes we can go online, but we have found it is not always accurate when they say is has been mailed or delayed for some reason.   Humana has a Part D plan which specifies Walmart as the low cost partner.

Al & Sharon
2020 Chevy Colorado Toad
San Antonio, TX

1 hour ago, dkpender said:

Help, we are changing our domicile to SD for KS and when talking to Humana's Walmart Part D plan, they informed us that we need a "physical address" that a mailing service address wouldn't work... we have already changed our BCBS Plan F to our SD domicile address so we are now on a timeline to get coverage for Plan D... We talked to Medicare because we were told by Humana this was Medicare's rule (which Medicare denies) so we are no further along at resolving this problem....

Any ideas or suggestions appreciated!

We changed our domain to Americas Mailbox in Box Elder, SD (Rapid City) last year.  Unbelievably easy!  And, we are full timers on social security.  As a result we also had to change our medicare and medication plans.

With Americas Mailbox you get a PMB (personal mailbox) not a POB (post office box).  So our address looks like this:

John Doe

514 Americas Way #0000

Box Elder, SD 57719

You can also put "Apt. #0000" and it will get to you.  We have Humana Walmart drug plan.  As soon as the various walmarts across the nation that we've been to see our Box Elder, sd address, they always ask specifically "you have Humana don't you?".  So they already know.

I can tell you that we've not had any problems with this address with social security nor any of the three financial institutions that I've dealt with since we changed.  I do not volunteer any information that I'm not asked (that we are full timers).

2017 Grand Design Momentum 376TH pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, dually, longbed

Also, you have reopened an old topic.  You may get more responses by starting a new topic.  Some or many people don't bother to look at new postings in old topics.  They figure they looked at it a long time ago and the issue was handled a long time ago.

Al & Sharon
2020 Chevy Colorado Toad
San Antonio, TX

Archived