Kiltedpig

Medicare, AARP united healthcare plan F and Humana Plan D

7 posts in this topic

Moving from CA to S. Dakota and wondering if anyone else has experience with this scenario. We will full-time and need to know if we are missing something.

When you change you domicile from California to South Dakota, Humana will cancel your current Part D and you then have the right to pick another plan. You might want to look at SilverScript a national plan and the largest selling plan in the nation and has a 4 star rating.

Gerald

Any update on this topic?

We currently have United Healthcare via Medicare and will soon be going full time and looking at South Dakota to transfer our domain.  What are others doing on medicare that are fulltimers using South Dakota as a domain?

My husband will be on Medicare starting July 1st. South Dakota is our residency. There was no problem signing up for Medigap Plan F through AARP/United Healthcare and Humana for Plan D. Check out what you'll have to do when you change residency. Perhaps your policy price will change but, obviously since he got this coverage, United HealthCare and Humana as offered in SD.

Thank you carstrom.  Yes, I was told by some other people that are full timing that plan F is what we'll need to have access to medical where ever we're at.  Not sure what Humana is?

12 hours ago, JCZ said:

plan F is what we'll need to have access to medical where ever we're at.  Not sure what Humana is?

Plan F is a good choice since it covers everything that Medicare doesn't but it is also the most expensive plan and Plan G has very nearly the same coverages but it doesn't pay the Medicare deductible and the savings in premiums is often significantly more than the deductible that you would then pay, so do a little math to be sure before you buy.

Humana is an insurance underwriter that writes Medicare supplements in some states. I don't know if they do insure in SD as many companies have pulled out so make sure. I know that they do write both plans F & G in TX.