Rv Insurance Companies

Find all the National companies. We've been very happy customers of GEICO for 30 years. Can we get it cheaper? Maybe but they have covered our needs with no issues thru teenagers to fender benders. So I'm a loyal customer

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are" Theodore Roosevelt

"We can't control the wind, but we can adjust our sail"

"When man gave up his freedom to roam the earth, he gave up his soul for a conditioned ego that is bound by time and the fear of losing its attachments."

Try calling Miller Insurance a partner with Escapees. I believe they can quote FL. They are a broker and will shop many companies for you. They are located in OR. They have an ad in the Escapee magazine .

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition

2021 Harley Street Glide Special 

Fulltimer

Thank you jblscooper,nanna25k, and TXTiger.

So far I have quotes from Progressive, National Interstate and part of a quote from Allstate. Tomorrow I will get one from Miller and GEICO before I make a decision.

So far I really like National Interstate, the customer service and the prices for the same coverage was nearly half of Progressive whom was all to eager to signot me up and get my payment.

2014 Newmar Ventana

2016 Buick Enclave

We've used National Interstate and it's a good one. Beware that after a couple years all rates go up with any policy so it's best to shop around every 2-3 years. It seems they all give good rates to entice you at the beginning. Surprised Progressive was that much more.

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

One thing I've just learned is that different agents will get you different rates from the same company. Our National General policy came in noticeably higher. I shopped all the Escapees partners, and one of them gave me a much lower quote - from the same company. She said it happens that way sometimes.

Our "Here and There" Blog

2005 Safari Cheetah Motorhome

I had Blue Sky for 4 years. all of a sudden raised rates by approx $280 more. with no claims, no accidents. talked to my agent she said she has been moving ppl away from blue sky because they started that practice.

2000 Itasca Horizon DP (Got Total During Irma). 

Vice President of Charlotte County Defenders LE MC

http://charlotte.defenderslemc.com/

Depending what you have for vehicles will affect who may cover. I used Farmers Insurance with Foremost for many years until I went to a Class 5 truck and that Foremost would not write.

I was considered full time with everything a stick home owner would have plus an Umbrella.

I'm now with Blue Sky and rates seems very close to Farmers & Foremost

Clay

2015 FL M2 106.

2016 DRV MS 38PS3/Dallas

Previous RVs Montana and 2011 F350 Dually

2006 Pleasureway on E350

Clay & Marcie Too old to play in the snow

Diesel pusher and previously 2 FW and small Class C

We've used National Interstate and it's a good one. Beware that after a couple years all rates go up with any policy so it's best to shop around every 2-3 years. It seems they all give good rates to entice you at the beginning. Surprised Progressive was that much more.

I think you are right about needing to shop around. My guess is that the industry has figured out that most people will just gripe and pay the increase rather than go to the trouble of shopping around. What I did was email a copy of my declarations page to several, asking for a quote. One responded, telling me that they couldn't do it that way - I had to fill out their online form for each vehicle. However, two responded, both coming in lower than what my new rate would be. We'll see what happens with the new insurance over the next couple of years.

Our "Here and There" Blog

2005 Safari Cheetah Motorhome

Check and see if Farm and City Insurance in Forest City Iowa handles that area. They represent a number of the big insurance companies and understand Full-time RV'ng. Ask for Trese.

Bob & Jo
Full-timing since 09/10/2009 - SKP 99512
2015 Lifestyle LS38RS

2010 Ford F-350
Our blog: http://bobandjotravelblog.blogspot.com/
Our travel photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/bobandjotravel/sets/

I have had National Interstate (FCIS) for several years, but this year the premiums went up almost 20% so I decided that it was time to look around. FCIS offered me Progressive which was lower. But then I checked with Blue Sky and Miller Insurance. Both are significantly lower than the others. I have to decide today and I think I will be going with Blue Sky since I have seen several posts that are favorable to them.

Larry

• 3 weeks later...

Find all the National companies. We've been very happy customers of GEICO for 30 years. Can we get it cheaper? Maybe but they have covered our needs with no issues thru teenagers to fender benders. So I'm a loyal customer

I'd caution against any feelings of "loyalty" to an insurance company. Humans with feelings don't make decisions there, decision trees, risk algorithms, and various other forms of risk calculations make the decisions. You haven't been dropped, or had your rates raised dramatically BECAUSE you haven't had the "right" claim to trigger those events. To GEICO (and all other insurance companies for that matter), you are a statical data point, an account number. Any time the wrong thing happens, the reaction will ALWAYS be whatever best serves their needs, not yours. I'd shop their numbers every year. You get no "points" for loyalty.

2017 KZ Durango Gold 381REF, 8K morRYDE IS, Disc brakes, 17.5" Hi Spec Aluminum Wheels w Goodyear G114 H rated tires

2016 F350 King Ranch DRW, 3.73, 4x4, Super Duty Crew Cab, 6.7L Powerstroke Diesel.

26,760 CGVW

Archived